New mix! Nearly there! Very Counterparts-Esque

Is there anyway you would post this track for mixing practice?
i just love stuff like this. i wish there was a lot of bands more like this in the midwest.

You're so close man. The snare still sounds thin, try cutting back on treble boosts and turning up some 150-250 for some punch. The vocals are a bit loud for me, but I like lower vocals in hardcore. The guitars are still a little lifeless, this is POD I'm guessing. Maybe try the x50?

Is there anyway you would post this track for mixing practice?
i just love stuff like this. i wish there was a lot of bands more like this in the midwest.

Possibly yeah, there has been a few people asking! I'll check with the band

You're so close man. The snare still sounds thin, try cutting back on treble boosts and turning up some 150-250 for some punch. The vocals are a bit loud for me, but I like lower vocals in hardcore. The guitars are still a little lifeless, this is POD I'm guessing. Maybe try the x50?

Thanks dude! I'll work on it more tonight. Only problem is, I'm a mac user so cant get x50 :(

Awesome to hear the progress through this thread though, the first clip was like "holy shit who cranked up the treble" but the second update was MUCH better and it kept getting better. Cool song too.

The guitars still sound kind of thin, like you're playing through an 8" combo or something lol, but it's still much better than a lot of mixes I've heard.

The kick needs some hairier balls, and that snare drum needs some more life though, definitely, that snare roll after the clean guitar part sounds like the intro to Marky Mark's "Good vibrations", no joke :)

I hate when that happens. I wrote a song YEARS ago, then about 6 months afterward I heard BTBAM for the first time and the song was Mordecai - the outro riff, Mordecai, was almost identical to the intro/outro to my song - has the same progression, feel, the drums were ridiculously similar, the only difference was the noodly shit. My song was much less "flashy" and more of a basic guitar melody, the BTBAM stuff was more "solo" sounding as far as what the lead guitar was doing. But, I like their song better, so I fail, lol.

Awesome to hear the progress through this thread though, the first clip was like "holy shit who cranked up the treble" but the second update was MUCH better and it kept getting better. Cool song too.

The guitars still sound kind of thin, like you're playing through an 8" combo or something lol, but it's still much better than a lot of mixes I've heard.

The kick needs some hairier balls, and that snare drum needs some more life though, definitely, that snare roll after the clean guitar part sounds like the intro to Marky Mark's "Good vibrations", no joke :)

Thanks! Guitars are standard pod farm set up, I'm finding it hard to get them a bit beefier : /

Been working on the snare though

Funny part is... I wrote a song with pretty much the same beginning about 7 months ago.
http://www.box.net/shared/8k81amdi23

hahah thats so weird! I'll show it to the band later :p

that would be awesome man, just keep me posted if you are going to be able to.

No worries, I'll keep you posted!

Thanks! Guitars are standard pod farm set up, I'm finding it hard to get them a bit beefier : /

Been working on the snare though

hahah thats so weird! I'll show it to the band later :p

No worries, I'll keep you posted!

right on man, pretty pumped if they are cool with you uploading this for mixing practice.