New mix online, feedback requested!

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
http://www.myspace.com/destroysomethingbeautifuluk

Yeah, yeah, I know the MySpace player sucks, but it seems to be the only place I can reliably host my shit. Anyway, the one I'm after feedback for is Stumble And Fall (new version), although Imperious In Defeat is new as well (it's just a little shitty). Same as usual set-up - Line6 GuitarPort, LeafDrums 2.2, Adobe Audition 1.5 and not a fat lot else. :)

Oh, btw - Stumble And Fall's quite a rough mix - haven't EQ'd any part of the drumkit at all yet, so it might be a bit muddy... me shitty computer speakers won't let me know. :)

dill_the_devil said:
http://www.myspace.com/destroysomethingbeautifuluk

Yeah, yeah, I know the MySpace player sucks, but it seems to be the only place I can reliably host my shit. Anyway, the one I'm after feedback for is Stumble And Fall (new version), although Imperious In Defeat is new as well (it's just a little shitty). Same as usual set-up - Line6 GuitarPort, LeafDrums 2.2, Adobe Audition 1.5 and not a fat lot else. :)

Oh, btw - Stumble And Fall's quite a rough mix - haven't EQ'd any part of the drumkit at all yet, so it might be a bit muddy... me shitty computer speakers won't let me know. :)

Link doesn't work for me, dude.

I like the riffs, dude. I too fell the guitars may be a bit high. I think I liked Imperious in Defeat a bit better. The riffs are more headbaning-type. That's not a word, I know. But that's all I can think of at this late hour.

\m/

Cheers for the feedback, guys - gonna go back and have another shot at Stumble And Fall in a couple of days. I'll lower the guitar volume, re-record the bass (as it goes off time towards the end) and fiddle with the drum sounds a little.

Familia><Publica - yeah, I know, the guitars go really from time to time... I'm not a particularly gifted guitar player, and sometimes the riff ideas I have are a little too difficult for me to play tightly... I just usually end up recording a basic, sloppy version anyway just so I've got the idea to work on later. I'm slowly getting better, though.