New Mix Test - First Djenty Mix

The lowend sounds pretty boomy. Song has potential though! ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

It probably won't be a song, just a couple of riffs I was messing with :)

Damn, the low end was tight on my speakers.

I just can't seem to get anything awesome with the PodXT, at least I have an AxeFx II on the way :D

Nice mix man, I like it. The low end may be a little flubby like matrixclaw is pointing out, but it's pretty hard to tell since i'm listening on shitty laptop speakers here at work. What really worked for me in tightening up the bass in my latest mix was a suggestion I read on here awhile back about using two limiters in a row on your low end bass track. First make sure you have just a low end bass track, basically the bass tack copied twice trick when one is low passed @ 250hz or so. If you aren't already familiar with that, you can find info on that technique here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/615947-metal-bass-guitar-tutorial.html

So once you have just a low end track you would setup two limiters in a row on that track. The first one with a fast attack and release, then a second one with a slow attack and release. After some tweaking you'll have a tight low end that doesn't move much at all.

Hope that helps! \m/

Thanks mindcycle! I'll give that a go on my next mix :)

Any other comments on anything else in the mix? Drums, etc?