New Mortal Kombat Movie Trailer !!

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
This is supposedly either a trailer for a new movie , or to attract investors for a new movie , or a viral marketing campaign for a new game...

Stars Michael Jai White from Spawn as Jax , with a much darker take on the MK Mythos. I thought it was pretty cool !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

IGN talks about it here:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1095467p1.html

Sweet... I think with all the trouble this looks like it took , they gotta be shooting for a new movie. If this really is just a teaser for a game to be unveiled at E3 (just a few days away) I will be crushed...

By the way , finally a badass Scorpion and Jax

Apparently it is a trailer for a real movie and it's going to be a "strict rated R or NC-17". Mortal Kombat:Rebirth is apparently the name, and it's a darker/more violent take on the franchise.

I guess there's alot of buzz about it since they released that trailer.....I want to see it hahahaha.

Well it got me interested , MK was becoming a big cartoonish joke , it used to be the most violent thing on the market back in the day. Glad they are going back to their roots

Only thing that kinda disappointed me is if you pause around 7:20 you can see what they did with Sub Zero... he looks like a fucking cyborg from Quake or something. They should have just kept him in his ninja gear. But that may not be a final design , since this may just be to get funding like I said

Huge epic fail. AGAIN.

Any Mortal Kombat movie with cars, choppers, police investigation and western ninjas is doomed. Shit, any Mortal Kombat with more than one complete sentence without a bucket of blood is wrong. Seriously, these guys get everything so wrong.

Just read up that Jeri Ryan (7 of 9 on Star Trek , who played Sonya in this) said on her Twitter that this is just a test film to test the waters and pitch the director's idea to WB , who owns MK now. For what it is , a test film with probably a pretty low budget , that was awesome. I mean seriously those 7 minutes were better than both previous movies combined. With bigger funding for better writing and costumes / etc this will be cool

Huge epic fail. AGAIN.

Any Mortal Kombat movie with cars, choppers, police investigation and western ninjas is doomed. Shit, any Mortal Kombat with more than one complete sentence without a bucket of blood is wrong. Seriously, these guys get everything so wrong.

Dude I normally agree with everything you say, but sorry this looks really kick-ass. It looks pretty dark and gorey, and I don't see why there can be no choppers and police investigation, the story of the game has that.

Plus, that woman who plays Sonya I've always been attracted to, don't know why cause she's not like HOT, but something about her makes me want to fuck her

Such a cocktease and such a letdown. No, not the trailer but the apparent fact that this movie ain't even in the works as of now.