New Mortal Kombat Movie Trailer !!

Such a cocktease and such a letdown. No, not the trailer but the apparent fact that this movie ain't even in the works as of now.

Well the general internet concensus was "holy shit that was awesome for MK" , so they would be retarded not to fund the full movie now . Honestly more movies should test the waters this way , get a fan reaction and proceed accordingly , it's so much smarter than producing a fully financed movie and hoping AFTER it's made and nothing can be changed that people love it

Dude I normally agree with everything you say, but sorry this looks really kick-ass. It looks pretty dark and gorey, and I don't see why there can be no choppers and police investigation, the story of the game has that.

Plus, that woman who plays Sonya I've always been attracted to, don't know why cause she's not like HOT, but something about her makes me want to fuck her

I agree with ya. I like the direction (I was expecting more like the first MK , action adventure-y) and Seven Of 9 is pretty hot still

Well the general internet concensus was "holy shit that was awesome for MK" , so they would be retarded not to fund the full movie now . Honestly more movies should test the waters this way , get a fan reaction and proceed accordingly , it's so much smarter than producing a fully financed movie and hoping AFTER it's made and nothing can be changed that people love it

But aren't you a bit disappointed to find out that this movie doesn't exist?

Even if the reactions actually move WB to put this into production, the actual product might be quite a bit different than this trailer. Different actors, reduced violence etc.

It looks pretty dark and gorey, and I don't see why there can be no choppers and police investigation, the story of the game has that.

Problem is that they´re focusing on the elements that ruined the series. Seriously, let´s face it:

MK1: Ancient chinese courtyard in the middle of nowhere with bald monks, golden dragons, sinister guardians with spears and evil emperror with kickass fake beard/moustache on a throne. :worship:
mk_courtyard.png

MK3: A subway station. :puke:
2.png

That´s what I´m talking about. MK1 was awesome because it had that cool mood of really bad chinese kung fu movies. No submachine guns, cops, cities or shit like that. Hell, the most militar thing on that game was a fugly woman on a gym suit whos best move was a cunt-lock! :lol:

Anyway, thumbs up for the gore, that´s for sure. I´ve just watched Ninja Assassin and that´s a good parameter of how much blood a Mortal Kombat flick needs.

But aren't you a bit disappointed to find out that this movie doesn't exist?

Even if the reactions actually move WB to put this into production, the actual product might be quite a bit different than this trailer. Different actors, reduced violence etc.

Hopefully they would stick closely to this... I don't know why they would even bother changing actors or lowering the violence since those are the things that people seem to like about it. I like that they are getting actual martial artists (like Matt Mullins, Michael Jai White , the black dude from the Protector is Baraka here) to play them rather than shitty actors who can't fight at all. In the real movie , they better have Scott Adkins in there , that dude fucking rocks !

I just watched the 95 MK movie last night and eventhough I'm 15 years older now, I still think it was okay. Sometimes you watch movies you loved as a kid and you're like "What the fuck was I thinking?!?!" - I recently turned off Demolition man a half hour into it cuz it was horrible lol.

Some people want the original story with all the supernatural creatures and ancient kung fu business but I can't see that flying now a days. It was done in 95. Better special effects and updated dialogue aren't gonna make it a better story. Sometimes you have to reimagine things and I think this has the potential to be something pretty cool, maybe even a trilogy if they play their cards right.

btw, MK annihilation was horrible.

Yeah , the franchise obviously needed an update , and I like this. Once they were trying to do MK VS DC , even though that was OK , you could see their old concept was stretched too thin and needed a reboot.

Just had to bump this after reading some news on this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...aking-of-the-Mystery-Mortal-Kombat-Mini-Movie

It was made with only $7,500 (!?!?) with no telling the game creators or the license holders. THAT TAKES BALLS!
And the director said that the mysticism and powers would be in the final movie , but he had to keep it totally grounded in reality for the trailer because of the budget. By the way that Youtube vid has almost 4 million views now , hopefully WB will be smart and green light this movie