New mp3 is online. Demo version.

Great and awesome! As always it is fevering, grieving and beautiful as a death. It's a bit pity you changed song and now it is different to "1mix" file you uploaded before. But anyway this one rocks and my favorite now.
Your music is a great soundtrack to autumn and winter lanscapes which now present...

I understand that this one is demo BUT I think that drums (particularly bass drums) must be a little bit louder.

Still waiting for your new album to sink in sweet grieving torture of yours..! Keep it up and don't stop! I believe in you, guys!

I love it. So does my roomate, who generally doesn't like growled/screamed vocals.

Great job guys!

the legend will come for us again...and this is their first step from new masterpiece i think ;)

this one is really excellent..thank you for your being \m/

First of all, Thank you, guys, for this great start of the week (or maybe a new epoch...)!!! It is the sublime, touching and special music...
Love!

Hi Sonm and forest stream fans,

My name is luke, i'm a big fan of forest stream and have just signed up to post on this forum. I thought 'tears of mortal solitude' was one of my favourite albums of all time and this new track 'the mired' really blew me away. Good job, i'm very excited about this.

However, I always thought that even 'tears....' was poorly mixed, and i'm worried that some of the same mistakes will be present in the next album! I think this is primarily to do with the balance of frequencies used by the instruments - it is supposed to be dark, doom, blackened music but there is very little low end - the bass guitar is barely audible! Perhaps this is why the music sounds so surreal and awesome, but I cannot be sure. Don't you think this would make the music more powerful?

-Luke

Douche! The mixing is perfect. If it sounded like the latest Paris Hilton album, it would suck. :) When I heard "The Mired", it reminded me why I loved Forest Stream so much and put a lot of emotions swirling through my mind... really great songs guys, and it feels "floaty" or something. :)

Thank you all!
No way this album will be mixed by us. I will let a professional hand only over it. we've been strikingly limited by nearly everything while mixing "Tears". This time we plan to work through every detail really carefully or at least as carefully as our budget allows. This is only A DEMO version, just to get aware of how all instruments should sound together. I believe "The Crown..." will be recorded in a professional studio with a professional mixing and mastering. And actually we have a place to go for this. Somwhere in France :)))))))) HOPEFUL_LEE!!

France! I bet as soon as you step foot in there, they'll surrender and let you record wherever you want! Most definitelee. :)

Oinkness said:
Douche! The mixing is perfect. If it sounded like the latest Paris Hilton album, it would suck.

Being Forest Streams first album i doubt that Tears would be exactly how the guys invisioned it due to budget constraints etc. There is always room for improvement on any recording, as there is also many viewpoints and opinions on the same art piece. I know you probably didn't mean to come off sounding harsh, but reacting like that really isn't helpful, especially when he was offering constructive criticism. Its not like he said "the mixing was shit" and left it at that.

On another note, The Mired is sounding great! :) It has that classic Forest Stream sound, the guitars sound good and the ambience suits the melodies well. Im really looking forward to hearing the album once it's recorded proffessionally.

Sonm said:
Thank you all!
No way this album will be mixed by us. I will let a professional hand only over it. we've been strikingly limited by nearly everything while mixing "Tears". This time we plan to work through every detail really carefully or at least as carefully as our budget allows. This is only A DEMO version, just to get aware of how all instruments should sound together. I believe "The Crown..." will be recorded in a professional studio with a professional mixing and mastering. And actually we have a place to go for this. Somwhere in France :)))))))) HOPEFUL_LEE!!

Thanks, this is all I needed to know. I'm really looking forward to hearing this!

poortwistedme said:
Being Forest Streams first album i doubt that Tears would be exactly how the guys invisioned it due to budget constraints etc. There is always room for improvement on any recording, as there is also many viewpoints and opinions on the same art piece. I know you probably didn't mean to come off sounding harsh, but reacting like that really isn't helpful, especially when he was offering constructive criticism. Its not like he said "the mixing was shit" and left it at that.

This is right, I was offering constructive criticism, partly because I wanted to find out about the bands actions in this area and to re-assure myself that all was going according to plan in the forest stream camp. I count myself as a huge forest stream fan, do not accuse me of putting them down!

Привет, Sonm!

Песня вообще СУПЕР!!! Послушав её становится ещё тяжелее ждать новый альбом. Спрашивать: "Когда наконец он выйдет?" нет смысла. ))

Если я не ошибаюсь, то песня записана с драм-машиной, как и вторая, которую ты выкладывал раньше с фрагментом этой.

Вопрос появился сам собой - альбом "The Crown of Winter" будет записан тоже с драм-машиной (как и "Tears ...") или с живим барабанщиком?

With respect, Casey Filth.