New Nightingale album -- when?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Does anyone know if and when we'll hear a new Nightingale disc? I understand it must be a tough job to match let alone surpass White Darkness, which I consider their highpoint and Dan's best from a vocal standpoint, but it's been more than four years. What's the update on the band?

Also, any scoop on Second Sky?

Dan? You there? :)

Dan is The Watcher. He will always be here, until he merges with his future/former self. I'd love a new birdsong too.....

Me and Ragge have finished all the writing for the Witherscape album (Beware! It will rule!!!) and without a warning I started writing Nightingale riffs like a madman!
I have a really annoying problem with my wrists and a damaged nerve in my right hand (fuck ergonomic computer mice!!)
.....so I can't really play that complex "big" chords and stuff at the moment, so the strumming and the riffing is really basic and "simple"....some of our most "classic" songs have really simple riffs and very basic slow arpeggios...so maybe it's natures way to tell me not to complicate things :)

It's too early to tell when it will be recorded and released..but we have the possibility to release the album thru a pretty big label with awesome distribution...but only if they like the album.
In the past Black mark released whatever we sent them, no questions asked...so it's a bit different this time..but it's inspiring, and it makes me try harder to write the best damn stuff I possibly can...because if they say no..I still know that I did the best I could.

...In the night :)

D

Dan Swanö;9766675 said:
Me and Ragge have finished all the writing for the Witherscape album (Beware! It will rule!!!) and without a warning I started writing Nightingale riffs like a madman!
I have a really annoying problem with my wrists and a damaged nerve in my right hand (fuck ergonomic computer mice!!)
.....so I can't really play that complex "big" chords and stuff at the moment, so the strumming and the riffing is really basic and "simple"....some of our most "classic" songs have really simple riffs and very basic slow arpeggios...so maybe it's natures way to tell me not to complicate things :)

It's too early to tell when it will be recorded and released..but we have the possibility to release the album thru a pretty big label with awesome distribution...but only if they like the album.
In the past Black mark released whatever we sent them, no questions asked...so it's a bit different this time..but it's inspiring, and it makes me try harder to write the best damn stuff I possibly can...because if they say no..I still know that I did the best I could.

...In the night :)

D

And the mystery of Second Sky continues........

haha, this is all great news though in all seriousness!! Heal up Dan! Sorry you are hurting