New Nile Song

Which pretty much confirms that this band is taking the piss. This song sounds like it was made in 2 seconds. Oh well, at least they'll make lots of money, which is what they're really after.

Come back from fantasy land, tool.

If you think there is money to be made in the extreme metal well :

THINK AGAIN.

And I don't care if ther is a niche market or not for brutal egyptian death metal or not :

it s just mathematical facts.

Go ask on the Derk Roddy forum and ask George Kollias himself if there is money to be made with this kind of music.

Drop the " I know bands are in it for the dough" attitude and get back to fucking reality.

Stay Emo.

the vocals seem to have greatly improved, but the song structure seems more conventionnal and formulaic from the samples , which wouldnt be the best, i hope the album surprises

Listened to it all the way through a few times now... so far "Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks From He Who Is in the Water" is both my favourite song and least favourite song title :lol: "The Essential Salts" and "As He Creates So He Destroys" are other more memorable moments but overall it's typical Nile - solid as a shrunken head, heavy as my balls and tight as a virgin goldfish.

The vox sound a bit less gutsier though? Not sure if that's the recording or the fact that I've been listening on laptop speakers and haven't had a chance to fire it up on the desktop yet.

^that's what I've been saying

Apparently they always referred to themselves as "ithyphallic metal" tho, so I've secretly been listening to penis-themed metal for quite some time...

Well, Opeth are generally pretty atmospheric. Not exactly the soundtrack for a romantic dinner (unless your date is really cool) but calling them death metal is really a bit of a stretch.

I like it better than Annihilation, although In their darkened shrines is still the best imo, this is a solid album, with some great songs, I'm really liking The Essential Salts, and the one with the long title, I don't feel like typing it out:D. I'm liking the vocals, they're a little bit different. I will definately be buying it.

I think it's their best album yet. "What May Safely Be Written," and ,"Even The Gods Must Die" are very epic. The last four tracks to the album are all amazing. Definitely receives a 10/10. I actually have it tied for best album of the year.

They're one of the best contemporary death metal outfits, actually.

Got the new album, liking it. :headbang: