New Odin's Court album "Deathanity."

The Essence of Conviction

Evergrey Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Buy it or I'll you'll regret it the rest of your life. After that I've discovered you haven't went to go buy the CD after reading this message, I will come to your house and force you to commit seppuku. That is all.

Buy it or I'll you'll regret it the rest of your life. After that I've discovered you haven't went to go buy the CD after reading this message, I will come to your house and force you to commit seppuku. That is all.
Awesome!! Glad that you are enjoying the disk so much! BTW, I love that harmony in Volatilestial too! Am I bit partial? Perhaps. But I didn't record any of the vocals, so I consider myself an "outside" fan in that matter. :headbang:

I definitely appreciate your enthusiasm too. Its always good to hear that others are enjoying something we worked so hard on!

I guess it's pretty good then? :)
What genre do they play?
Good question! We all have diverse taste in music, but I think I could easily say that most of us love prog rock/metal. While I think we have a "sound" its even difficult for me to label as the songs vary greatly. There are some technical songs, some heavier, and some mellower songs. Classical influences, jazz influences, etc... As Essence of Conviction pointed out, you can go up to our MySpace and check it out.

The CD is still currently in the pre-order phase. However, it is possible to purchase directly from us or the record label. I believe that will be idstributed in Europe by SPV so it should be widely available -- especially on on-line music sites.

:headbang::headbang:

Awesome!! Glad that you are enjoying the disk so much! BTW, I love that harmony in Volatilestial too! Am I bit partial? Perhaps. But I didn't record any of the vocals, so I consider myself an "outside" fan in that matter. :headbang:

I definitely appreciate your enthusiasm too. Its always good to hear that others are enjoying something we worked so hard on!

That harmony is the fucking shit, I sing it at work all the time. Also I randomly say to people "What do you beliiiiiieeeeeeeveeeeeeeee?" Haha, this CD is too good for words, just go buy it. Glad you enjoyed my psychotic enthusiasm.

Wow, all I can say is it's always nice to hear someone digs our music. We obviously work hard on it and are passionate about it, so having it connect so strongly with others is a powerful thing. Thanks for the kind words!

ROCK ON!
- Matt

Not blown away by the teasers on myspace, but you will get feedback when i have heard the complete album.

Not blown away by the teasers on myspace, but you will get feedback when i have heard the complete album.
Glad to hear you'll give the whole thing a chance.

The album is (by design) a concept album, and one that in my humble opinion can only be judged properly by listening through it all. Once you're familiar, it's easier to listen to specific songs, but to get oriented, you really need to hear the whole thing. It takes the listener on a journey that can't be demonstrated with a few simple teasers. So much thanks for saying you'll give the whole thing a try!

I look forward to your thoughts after you've heard it. :kickass:

I really appreciate your enthusiasm for our new CD! It means a lot. :)

For those of you who are interested in Essence of Convictions advice to get this...

Odin's Court is proud to announce that the new CD Deathanity will be released worldwide on 15 July 2008 through ProgRock Records. SPV will be doing the European distribution.

Odin's Court would like to ask all the OC fans, friends, and supporters to please buy the latest album through their favorite brick and mortar outlet or favorite online retailer at this time.

If you happen to live in the Baltimore, MD USA area, please make sure to use Record and Tape Traders, as they are running a special promotion for the new CD.

Album Details:

Deathanity(Web).jpg

"Deathanity is the latest effort from Odin's Court, a Maryland, USA band. The album was recorded, mixed, and mastered by band architect Matt Brookins at D2C Studios between January 2007 and March 2008. Deathanity is an ambitious concept album dealing with the effects mankind's actions are having on the planet. Alternate views are offered through the use of instrumentation, lyrics, sound effects, and various vocal clips. Ambience, dynamics, and soul are combined with complexity, groove, and energy in a song oriented structure, to create a unique, surreal landscape. Each song, dealing with a different theme, is accompanied by a newly created word and definition in the album art. Special guest vocalists include TOM ENGLUND (Evergrey) and TONY KAKKO (Sonata Arctica). Other guests include Bill Green on tenor sax and Nicki Brookins, Elena Hall, and Suzanne Warner on backing vocals. Odin's Court, comprised of Matt Brookins (Vocals, Guitars), John Abella (Drums, Percussion), Savino Palumbo (Keyboards), Craig Jackson (Bass), and Rick Pierpont (Guitar), draws from classic inspirations such as Pink Floyd, Boston, Queen, Rush, Metallica, Yes, and Journey as well as more modern bands such as Devin Townsend, Chroma Key, OSI, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, and Tool."

Tracklisting:
01. Terracide
02. Volatilestial
03. Manifest Destiny
04. Oceanica Toxica
05. Mammonific
06. Animaulic
07. Esoterica
08. Crownet
09. Obesite
10. Ode to Joy
11. Cosmosera
12. Vastificant

Yeah, you guys really do need to check this CD out. Make sure you give it a proper listen all the way through and I promise it will grow on you. I don't think I could possibly give it any more promotion than offering to kill you guys if you don't buy it.