New Opeth Box-set: The Candlelight Years

I'd much more prefer if they did what they did for the other box set. Having the actual cd's seperatly, so you have the bookelt for each album was a better idea. I only bought that box set for the live disc.

I think I'm gonna skip out on this and order Orchid and Morningrise from amazon.com. Those are the only 2 Opeth albums I don't have.

That artwork is so sexy...we Opeth fans love that foresty stuff right? :p

looks like Trav Smith again to me, or a good copy cat!

I'm gonna get this, at least its reasonably priced.

yeah... im not buying this because i know already I will be aggrevated to death every time the nice guitars eb away during epilogue, and then suddenly that hellish sound comes on. no thank you!

There's very cute piano sound of "Circle of the Tyrant" intro comes on after the "Epilogue". I don't know what are you talking about.

To be willing to buy this it's not enough to be an Opeth fanboy, you have to be a Candlelight Records fanboy...

ha this is like perfect.

I haven't bought these albums yet and I haven't decided when to do so.
Now this is the perfect chance, on top of that I get a nice box with stunning artwork.

Well I've lost my orchid copy and the artwork is tempting =P
I'll order it once I get Watershed.( it isn't limited is it? :S )

why on earth did they add the bonus tracks

Because they already knew the "flashy" new artwork would bring them plenty of suckers on this dud. So lets through out a few bonus tracks from the last re-releases... lol :puke:

Waste of money on this one. Unless you dont own any of the albums.

yeah... im not buying this because i know already I will be aggrevated to death every time the nice guitars eb away during epilogue, and then suddenly that hellish sound comes on. no thank you!
That one is nothing compared to going from To Bid to Farewell to Eternal Soul Torture.

Well, the artwork isn't really that special, to be honest! And there is no way I am buying this again, they already fooled me into buying those tin boxes. All these reissues of the first three albums is getting ridiculous! If the bonus tracks were left out, I might have considered it :)

That one is nothing compared to going from To Bid to Farewell to Eternal Soul Torture.

yeah that one is worse, soundswise. after epilogue it takes only 10 seconds for the noise to come, but MAYH is a concept album and it ruins that as well, for bonus damage :puke:

they should have made an extra disc with the bonus tracks, maybe some old rehearsals or something else "new"

It does look nice, but indeed -- it seems to not have much new to offer, apart from the artwork. Cool if you don't already have the albums, though.

I wish they had put the bonus tracks on separate discs (or on just one separate disc), or had at least given a larger time gap between the end of the albums and the bonus tracks. Something new and exclusive might've been good too, as well as the inclusion of the individual booklets for each album. Then maybe I would be more interested in getting this.

Also, I think it's not unreasonable that this box set is being released -- these albums were never released in Japan before. (This is a Japanese box set.)

Wow, this is like, what, the third re-issue of these albums?

And on vinyl as well I think? Allthough, Candlelight isn't going to release the new vinyls alone, but in a collaboration with Back On Black.

The thing I despite most is, i'll end up buying all of them.