opeth - the candlelight years box set

anarchy420

Jan 10, 2008
i'm sorry if this has been discussed before. i used the search function, and received the following message from my query, "opeth the candlelight years box set":

The search term you specified (the) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

anywho, i read on a wikipedia page that this box set, containing the first 3 albums with all bonus tracks, was released on june 28, 2008 and was limited to 2000 copies. i guess i should assume that all copies have been sold by now (sep 5). but then i looked on the O-merch site and i didn't see this box set. has anyone purchased it? if there was ever a box set that i wanted, this is it. i hope i don't have to resort to using ebay to acquire it :(

I saw it at fye awhile back and almost bought it. My Copy of MAYH is scratched tohell and wont play and I dont have Morningrise. Ive heard alot of people say that the albums should be bought seperatly so I might do that instead.

Its obvious that no thought at all went into it if the dumb cunts left the bonus tracks on there instead of compiling them onto a separate disc so it doesn't disrupt the flow of the original albums. Artwork really isn't that special either. Much better to buy the albums separately, or even wait until someone does a half decent re-issue of them without the bonus tracks and shite quality front covers.

Its obvious that no thought at all went into it if the dumb cunts left the bonus tracks on there instead of compiling them onto a separate disc so it doesn't disrupt the flow of the original albums.

Yeah because it's so difficult to turn the cd off before the bonus tracks.

Just such a fucking hassle, it's gotten me downright suicidal. I'm not kidding man, why the fuck would they do this?!

I bought this set because I haven't found the original CD's anywhere yet.. Ebay maybe..
But I can't even play the damn CD's because they're black :erk:
I know, shitty CD player..

Plus, I hate the fact that the booklet is in Japanese.. :Smug:

Vivören;7589977 said:
Yeah because it's so difficult to turn the cd off before the bonus tracks.

Just such a fucking hassle, it's gotten me downright suicidal. I'm not kidding man, why the fuck would they do this?!
Yeah its horrible, glad someone feels my pain. Btw did yuo kno HAIR APPRENT is OPTHS most br00tal song yet and watershed is the bestest album of 2008???

I bought this yesterday at FYE. They only had 1 copy. I already owned Orchid but needed MR and MAYH and they didnt have either of them. I finally got to hear MR for the first time and I like it. It is not my favorite Opeth cd but is grat nontheless. I used to own MAYH but the cd got scratched all tohell and is unplayable. The cover art was pretty cool but of course the lyrics were in Japanese so I couldnt read them. All in all I am happy with this purchase. Nowall I have left to buy is SL and Deliverance. They did have Deliverance but I wanted the boxset more.