New Pop Punk Mix!

GrantMcFarland

New Metal Member
Dec 10, 2008
I know this is a metal forum. But I decided to post the pop punk band I just recorded. Here are the specs since you will all ask!

PodX3 - big bottom/treadplate
Superior 2.0 for overheads
Andy Sneap Drum Samples
Vocals Were tracked with a lawson L251 and an avalon pre.

http://www.myspace.com/carouselkings ( all three songs are the session we just did )

Let me know what you think!

Sounds just like the band i'm recording right now! haha:)

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Carridale/V4/3.Shake n Bake.mp3
We're doing all the gang vox today. Yours sound thick as hell. very nice

good mix by the way. The vocals sound a bit strange....you can't really understand what he's saying. i think it's whatever vocal tuning software you used. I use Melodyne, and you can't tell anything has been done to them at all(at least i can't). You should check that software out(well worth the money).

Nice mix dude. I remember playing with this or the apocalypse last summer at bled fest in michigan. I definately dug it for sure keep it up dude!

Sounds just like the band i'm recording right now! haha:)

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Carridale/V4/3.Shake n Bake.mp3
We're doing all the gang vox today. Yours sound thick as hell. very nice

good mix by the way. The vocals sound a bit strange....you can't really understand what he's saying. i think it's whatever vocal tuning software you used. I use Melodyne, and you can't tell anything has been done to them at all(at least i can't). You should check that software out(well worth the money).

Hahaha I used melodyne. He couldn't hold a note so I had to smooth them out a lot. That might weird up things a little. Should I compress before or after melodyne? I did after

I definitely put melodyne first in my chain. Melodyne does a good job at correction out of pitch notes naturally for me. I've had to do quite alot of alteration to this dudes voice, but i haven't come across anything sounding that weird yet. you must have reallllllllyyy had to smooth that dudes vocals to make them sound like that

I definitely put melodyne first in my chain. Melodyne does a good job at correction out of pitch notes naturally for me. I've had to do quite alot of alteration to this dudes voice, but i haven't come across anything sounding that weird yet. you must have reallllllllyyy had to smooth that dudes vocals to make them sound like that

Dude I didn't get to check out ur mix yet I'm at a show but holy crap I didn't know who u were at first. Remember we played that show in reading PA at the silo? You should pm me ur aim or something so we can talk more without needing this board!

Dude I didn't get to check out ur mix yet I'm at a show but holy crap I didn't know who u were at first. Remember we played that show in reading PA at the silo? You should pm me ur aim or something so we can talk more without needing this board!

yup! I definitely remember that show. I got a root canal done that day and we got to the show late haha. I remember it was sooo cold though.

anyways, hit me up on myspace(either studio or personal, doesnt matter to me). I havent used aim in like 3 years haha

It sounds a little odd to me. but good none the less.

brian, nice job on carridale stuff. i was going to offer to record them, but you beat me to it haha.

but makes sense seeing as tho kyle is in that band as well.

Hi..congratulations dude..please can u post your pod x3 complete preset and the chain of vst for the guitar sound please??thank you very much

Guitar is all POD x3. No Post processing.

Big Bottom w/treadplate. Default mic settings ( I believe off axis mic )
Gate: -31, 0%
Stomp: distortion tube drive default eq
Comp: -14% 8db gain
EQ: bass 7% ( big bottom has wayy too much ) mid 56%, treb 71%, presence 100%, drive 100%

Guitar is all POD x3. No Post processing.

Big Bottom w/treadplate. Default mic settings ( I believe off axis mic )
Gate: -31, 0%
Stomp: distortion tube drive default eq
Comp: -14% 8db gain
EQ: bass 7% ( big bottom has wayy too much ) mid 56%, treb 71%, presence 100%, drive 100%

what did you use to connect pod to your pc/daw?
only usb? interface?
thanks for share your settings.:headbang:

Ehi..can u please post in download the l6t file,pod preset,please?so we can download and we can have the same sound..please..thank you very much...

Ehi..can u please post in download the l6t file,pod preset,please?so we can download and we can have the same sound..please..thank you very much...

Unfortunately I cannot...I have been through like 7 podx3s, and have narrowed it down that hooking up via USB destroys my Pod. So I strictly use it for the 1/4" audio outs only.

I posted my chain directly above so you can copy the settings piece of cake!

Unfortunately I cannot...I have been through like 7 podx3s, and have narrowed it down that hooking up via USB destroys my Pod. So I strictly use it for the 1/4" audio outs only.

I posted my chain directly above so you can copy the settings piece of cake!

and...to record...do you use only left 1/4 pod output to your interface?
what interface have you?