New POWER QUEST Bassist reveled

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Power Quest announces new bassist!

Following the departure of long standing bassist Steve Scott
in early January 2009, the band are pleased to announce that the search for a replacement is now over.

A large number of applications were received from all over the world. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest.

The new Power Quest bassist is Oliver Holzwarth!

Oliver is well known in the metal scene as he has been the bassist in German power metal legends Blind Guardian since 1997.

In addition to this he has also worked with Tarja Turunen (formerly of Nightwish), Paradox, Demons & Wizards and his own band Sieges Even.

Power Quest keyboardist and founder member Steve Williams commented on the news;

“We are absolutely thrilled to have recruited a musician of Oliver’s calibre into the band. His combination of musicianship and experience will be a fantastic addition to Power Quest, as we head forward into 2009.
Welcome aboard mate!”

Oliver commented; “When I got in contact with Steve for the first time, it instantly became quite clear that we share the same ideas and visions. Consequently, I joined Power Quest . Quite a musical challenge that I am looking forward to mastering with dedication and inspiration.
Great to play with you guys!”

Catch the new Power Quest lineup at Progpower USA on September 11th 2009 and at Metalfest UK on September 26tth 2009.

Power Quest announces new bassist!

Following the departure of long standing bassist Steve Scott
in early January 2009, the band are pleased to announce that the search for a replacement is now over.

A large number of applications were received from all over the world. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest.

The new Power Quest bassist is Oliver Holzwarth!

Oliver is well known in the metal scene as he has been the bassist in German power metal legends Blind Guardian since 1997.

In addition to this he has also worked with Tarja Turunen (formerly of Nightwish), Paradox, Demons & Wizards and his own band Sieges Even.

Power Quest keyboardist and founder member Steve Williams commented on the news;

“We are absolutely thrilled to have recruited a musician of Oliver’s calibre into the band. His combination of musicianship and experience will be a fantastic addition to Power Quest, as we head forward into 2009.
Welcome aboard mate!”

Oliver commented; “When I got in contact with Steve for the first time, it instantly became quite clear that we share the same ideas and visions. Consequently, I joined Power Quest . Quite a musical challenge that I am looking forward to mastering with dedication and inspiration.
Great to play with you guys!”

Catch the new Power Quest lineup at Progpower USA on September 11th 2009 and at Metalfest UK on September 26tth 2009.
Right on!:headbang::kickass:

What's the deal with Oliver and Blind Guardian anyway? He's been their "session" and "touring" bassist for over a decade now, but not an actual member of the band? What gives? Even if he doesn't write the music, I think he could still be considered a real member.