POWER QUEST is back!

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
POWER QUEST RETURN AFTER THREE YEAR ABSENCE

"...It's not an April Fools joke, it's not a rumour, the hype is real. Power Quest has returned after a three-year absence from the scene and are currently working on new material for the sixth PQ record.

Band leader Steve Williams had this to say, "I'm genuinely thrilled to be bringing PQ back from the shadows. I've had a lot of ups and downs over the past few years but I cannot wait to unleash the new lineup. The atmosphere in the rehearsal room over the past couple of months has been electric and it feels great to be back doing what I love most.”

Alongside Steve are Power Quest stalwarts Rich Smith (drums), Gav Owen (guitar) and Paul Finnie (bass). Completing the new look lineup are Dan Owen (guitar and twin brother of Gav) and new vocalist Ashley Edison who also fronts UK outfit Dendera.

Check out the video below to catch up with what's going on, why the band are back and what the future holds...."

Awesome news, I was just listening to Master of Illusion yesterday and reflecting on the fact that they didn't manage to make it over here after their visa issues in 2009. Hope to see them at a future PPUSA!

POWER QUEST REVEAL NEW EP DETAILS; ARTIST STUDIO VIDEO STREAMING

powerquestalbumjuly.jpg

Despite my PP friends' best efforts, I've never gotten into Power Quest before. The song Face The Raven (which hooked me a month ago as a YouTube suggestion) has changed that. I can't stop listening to it. I am told that this is the first PQ song written on and for guitar, so maybe that's why this one is hitting me differently. And the new vocalist is fantastic. EP ordered from band!

I have liked all stages of Power Quest. This one included. I like the keyboard friendly high vocals - I liked the heavier approach with Chitty and I am loving this version as well. Good stuff and can't wait for the CD.

Brand