Power Quest welcomes Oliver Holzwarth!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Power Quest announces new bassist!

Following the departure of long standing bassist Steve Scott
in early January 2009, the band are pleased to announce that the search for a replacement is now over.
A large number of applications were received from all over the world. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest.

The new Power Quest bassist is Oliver Holzwarth!

Oliver is well known in the metal scene as he has been the bassist in German power metal legends Blind Guardian since 1997.
In addition to this he has also worked with Tarja Turunen (formerly of Nightwish), Paradox, Demons & Wizards and his own band Sieges Even.

Power Quest keyboardist and founder member Steve Williams commented on the news;

“We are absolutely thrilled to have recruited a musician of Oliver’s calibre into the band. His combination of musicianship and experience will be a fantastic addition to Power Quest, as we head forward into 2009. Welcome aboard mate!”

Oliver commented; “When I got in contact with Steve for the first time, it instantly became quite clear that we share the same ideas and visions. Consequently, I joined Power Quest . Quite a musical challenge that I am looking forward to mastering with dedication and inspiration. Great to play with you guys!”

Catch the new Power Quest lineup at Progpower USA on September 11th 2009 and at Metalfest UK on September 26tth 2009.

Well, technically he's a session member for Guardian, isn't he? Hansi plays bass on the studio stuff and Oliver plays it live, I believe.

EDIT: It appears he plays both.

It's great news for the band and I'd like to congratulate the Quest on not only finding a great bass player, but also managing once more to make sure that a band member isn't from the UK :lol:

Look forward to seeing him in action with the Quest!

OUTSTANDING :D What a find, eh? Brilliant player! This is a fab choice, I'm very happy :D

Brother of the drummer for Rhapsody too! Maybe PQ could tour with BG or Rhapsody! How awesome would that be! Make sure to get him on the forum!

:headbang: :kickass: Welcome Oliver! :kickass: :headbang: I'll see you on tour, up front ;) !

FUCKIN YESS!!

By chance i was just listening to blind guardian(mirror mirror) for the first time in ages then i read this!!!

There is gonna be serious powerpawnage now!

This is HUGE!

Well done!

YES! Awesome news! Didn't expect this at all, but a former Guardian member? Total surprise. Great to hear, though.

If Power Quest toured with Guardian...I think I'd die of excitement. In fact, I'd just love PQ to start getting some major support slots with the big names & legends of power metal!

Oli would play for PQ with Hansi doing BG bass duties THEN there'd be an intermitent wicked bass solo fest, followed by André and Andrea and Bill tearing it up....then Jeff Loomis jumps out of the audience for some reason! Then Kai Hansen absails from the rafters! :headbang:

Actually the Holzwarth's are brothers after all guys. Check this:

"The Holzwarth Brothers form a highly renowned rhythm section of bass guitar and drums. In the world of heavy rock music, bass player Oliver and drummer Alex carry a large stack of first class references.

Their career counts for more than 50 records/CDs released worldwide and more than 1,000 live shows performed on mother earth. In the last decade, the international range of bands they've been working with runs from European power metal formations like Blind Guardian, Tarja Turunen, Rhapsody of Fire to Avantasia. The American acts include Demons and Wizards, Angra and Kamelot just to name a few. In the eighties, both artists founded the progressive art rock band Sieges Even.

The Holzwarth Brothers share their long-time experience offering special services to bands, projects and sound engineers worldwide. If the need is a drummer and or bass player for studio recording or touring activities they simply contact Alex or Oliver to nail things down. Both artists are highly experienced in emergency situations and within a few days they'll be ready to deliver the goods!!! "

Wow :)

Got that from Olivers myspace.

Oli would play for PQ with Hansi doing BG bass duties THEN there'd be an intermitent wicked bass solo fest, followed by André and Andrea and Bill tearing it up....then Jeff Loomis jumps out of the audience for some reason! Then Kai Hansen absails from the rafters! :headbang:

Someone has too much time on their hands.....but who's complaining?!? :worship:

:headbang:Kieran:headbang: