New Project On The Horizon

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Something new musically I’ve been working on in the middle of all this Sadus and Sebastian Bach touring/recording/promo stuff…as if I ain’t busy enough…
A couple of years ago I hooked up in the studio with two friends of mine for a little demo recording. The demo hasn’t really hit the fan yet, but I can tell you it was for a band called LD/50. I think there’s still vocal work do be done on there until it’s considered totally done. But since then we made the decision to work on something more in the future. Well, the future is here! Back in January, me, Glen Alvelais (Forbidden, Testament, LD/50) and Jeremy Colson (Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Michael Schenker, Apt.26, Dali’s Dilemma, LD/50) recorded together on a track for a Magna Carta compilation called Drum Nation 3. After working on this song, we were approached about doing an entire album. This was the opportunity we were looking for to go forward with the idea. We’ve moved into a practice studio in Oakland and have just started talking about the direction of the project. We knew one thing, and that was that we didn’t want it to be totally instrumental (which is what the song for Drum Nation 3 is), so we talked about who could help us complete our vision…we asked the first (and only) name we had in mind if he would be interested, and got a big “hell yeah!” from one Bjorn Strid (Soilwork, Terror 2000, Coldseed). So we’re pretty psyched to get started on this and will be writing material over the next few months. No band name or song samples to post yet, and all I can really describe so far is that it’s basically gonna have a bunch of shit we’re not allowed to do in other bands. Stay tuned as this thing evolves…!
SDG

Stuff you're not allowed to do in your other bands? Well, Dark Hall has the jazzy bass, Sadus is a full on assault, Death/Control Denied were a bit more progressive as far as metal goes. The only things I can think of are a reggae-funk band or a boy band.

You guys aren't going to make a dance video, are you? :lol:

Looking forward to hear about it!

NESFantasy said:
Stuff you're not allowed to do in your other bands? Well, Dark Hall has the jazzy bass, Sadus is a full on assault, Death/Control Denied were a bit more progressive as far as metal goes. The only things I can think of are a reggae-funk band or a boy band.

hahaha

well thats nice to here Steve.looking forward to hearing it and best of luck with it :beer:

Looking forward to it Steve, all of your work has been genius that I've listened to. Sadus, Testament, Death/Control Denied, Dark Hall, Quo Vadis, Iced Earth, Dragonlord, RR United. I think I've only missed a few bands. All of it's great stuff.

NESFantasy said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now i'm curious! Looking forward to listen to this new stuff :heh:

listen up Vintersorg... Visions from the spiral generator (2002) and The focusing blur (2004) ... if you play bass you'll appreciate :rofl:DDDDD