UPDATE: Sadus, Sebastian and Scariot

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
Back to the practice room! We set up some new gear in the Sadus lab of brutality. I guess we were inadvertently influenced by Darkane from the euro tour, because we’re going virtual lately. It’s not the best way to jam out…but it helps us out keeping the mayhem inside the headphone world instead of killing the neighbors. This week we started getting the set list ready for our spot on the Monterrey Metalfest on Nov18. We’re totally psyched up to go play for what is expected to be a huge ass crowd in Mexico. There’s a weird assortment of different kinds of bands on this bill, so we’ll just bring our playbook and call ‘em as the defense allows…! I’m thinking for some reason that we get a full 60 minutes to play, so there will be a good assortment of our own kind in song selection. The new album has been out a few months by now so we will continue to pump out those songs live, and for the fuckers who have been around for all the years, and Jon, we’ll throw in as much as we can of the old ones that made us - Sadus. Also for those in attendance remember the night before and the pre-gig party…I’ve been hearing about some craziness that will ensue there. Crap, it’s gonna be muy loco.

Sebastian and the boys have started their tour in support of Gun’s n Roses on the east coast. I won’t be making it this time again, the lowender that’s there is once again Rob De Luca. I am extremely thankful that Rob can pick up and go and keep the show rolling. I just couldn’t make it this time with my crazy fucked up schedule, and I wish the guys well and to have a nice smooth, problem free tour. Needless to say I’m going crazy over here not being part of a three month arena tour…! But I know that the guys will be kicking ass every night on stage.

I’ve heard the mastering of the new Scariot album, it sounds really killer. It’s been over a year since I was in Oslo recording the bass lines at Asgeir’s place. And it’s been way longer since Daniel started the whole recording process. But I’m pretty sure that it will only be a little longer until the album, Momentum Shift, will be out. I’m really psyched for this one to come out. There’s some really killer songs on there, some catchy song writing, and some top notch musical performances too. I’d definitely put it up there with the Death and Control Denied albums I was on. Stay tuned…

SDG

Thank you for indulging me, heh.

Though I'm such an idiot for not remembering about the Monterrey Festival! Of COURSE that's a likely reason for missing the GNR tour. I'm still trying to find my Valley shirt.

While you guys rehearse, it couldn't hurt to write some more songs. Get it in while you can, man! Never know when you'll have more session work.

So Steve, I take it the Sadus/Destruciton/Municipal Waste tour isn't on yet? Because Destruction announced a lot of tour dates for it a short while back and I was wondering if you could verify that. You were annoyed with Blabbermouth for bringing it up the first time around and claimed nothing was set in stone...but is it now?

Because if there's any accuracy to those dates, I'll be there to see you in both Seattle AND Maryland! Get stoked buddy, you'll really be tired of me by the time the tour's over! :worship: :headbang:

I'm from Mexico city and will be there to see you play and staying in the same hotel the bands will be, so hope to catch you there.

Joaquín.

I caught Sebastian's act at the show last night in Baltimore. He hasn't lost his voice at all, and the new stuff sounded HEAVY! The musicians are all definitely talented, and while I didn't necessarily like all the format that some of the solos were in (such as, heavily arpeggiated), I'll definitely be interested to hear the CD when it comes out.

After the show Rob De Luca and a few others came out, and I didn't even really notice. I just look over and he's walking in front of me and I say "You're filling in for Steve, right?" and he confirmed that. I told him that "I was kind of bummed that Steve wouldn't be here, but you really did a great job holding it down out there!" He seemed to really appreciate that, shook my hand, and asked me my name. We exchanged a few more pleasantries and I wished him good luck the rest of the way and he was off.

Nice guy! Rather short, but nice!

There was also one fan that I swear was dressed just like Steve, though I'm not sure it was on purpose. Jeans, a leather vest, long blonde hair tied back with a red bandana, and this goatee/mustache combination. I didn't say anything to him, but I was waiting for Sebastian to say something about it...nothing happened.

Muy loco it will be. Hopefully I get to see you guys again with Municipal Waste/Hirax/Destruction in So. Cal. -there's an olde school show for you!!! That will make it the third time in two years I've seen Sadus and four or five total. Brutal!