New PROTOTYPE Song "Catalyst" Streaming NOW

Short version: All I can say is, WELCOME BACK, guys. :headbang:

Longer version: This song absolutely kills from start to finish. I recognize many of the parts from your earlier videos and such. Vince sounds very different, and at first I thought it was someone completely different. Now that I think about it, he actually sounds closer to how he did in the early days, much more gritty vocals, and a few harsh moments here and there.

The rhythm is absolutely crushing. The leads in the chorus just make it that much more epic. Also, excellent solo work from the both of you guys. I love the clean interlude as well, and that point at 4:01 where you take the intro riff and add the extra guitar layer is really cool.

Just finished my 3rd listen. Overall, I am now EXTREMELY hyped for this album to arrive in the mail.

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

No problem! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album, especially to see how the 4 demo songs now sound with this kind of production. Not to mention, I'm really interested in hearing the 10 minute one. Always wanted to hear you guys do an epic song of around that length.

Yeah, that raspy singing was a real curveball when it kicked in! I'm happy to find it doesn't block Vince's personality from shining through, though. I think I quite enjoy this new type of vocalization. It certainly resonates with the heaviness of your music.

I couldn't help but give the song three consecutive spins right off the bat, and I have to say I agree with the Crusada about everything. And that soundscape at 3:10-->? Man, have I missed it. That stuff goes right in the veins. :D

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

Thanks guys. We really appreciate the feedback on the song! :headbang:

Unholy, the 10 minute song you're talking about was split into 2 tracks on the CD (Illuminatum and My Own Deception) but they run straight through so it's all one piece of music. The end of the song before those 2 tracks (The Chosen Ones) was designed to flow right into them as well so it's sort of like 16 + minutes of continuous music. :)

Oh, that's pretty sweet. Sort of like a suite of songs that form one mini-epic within the album. Thanks for sharing.

Just got word from Nightmare that my copy of Catalyst shipped yesterday!

I'll be sure to give it a spin as soon as it arrives, and once I've listened to it a few times to get a full impression, I'll write up my own little review to let you guys know what I think of it.

My copy just arrived! :D

3 days before the official release date, pretty sweet! I gotta say, I'm a little shocked that after about 3 years of eagerly waiting for this, I'm finally able to hold it in my hands.

I'm going to give it a listen right away, followed by a couple more to get a firm opinion, and then I'll post my thoughts.

^---As I predict it'll still be quite a while before I manage to get a copy of my own (I'm poor :D), I'd definitely like to hear your thoughts.