tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
rage-on.de said:
Full moon in St. Petersburg
111706_1.jpg

Now particulars about the new RAGE DVD, which presumably will be released by Nuclear Blast on 23rd of February 07 with the title "Full Moon in St. Petersburg". Again it will be a double DVD with very long playing time, similar to the last RAGE DVD, so value for money. DVD 1 includes a complete concert, RAGE recorded in St. Petersburg, Russia, infront of almost 20000 viewers in May 2006. The set consists out of the highlights of the last album "Speak Of The Dead" and several oldies and approved live songs. The whole thing will be in 5.1 sound or in normal stereo sound. The concert is a unique adventure with exceptionally lightshow, and marking a great contrast to the last DVD show, which was recorded in intimate atmosphere in the Zeche Bochum. Additionally, the last 2 video clips of the band, a TV recording in Brazil and parts of the show, RAGE recorded on "Masters of Rock" festival 2006 in Tschechien, you'll find on DVD 1.

DVD2 is consisting out of comprehensive bonus material. There's a full lenght documentationen of different days of show of the last Russian tour, where the concert for DVD 1 was recorded. You can see further live clippings. Moreover that, there's a detailed documentation of the last European tour, with interesting and funny views into life "on the road" and backstage. Also, every band member has administered some documentations of privat things, like Victors racing sport and his solo presentations, Peavy refer about his ice age bone collection and his newest avocation, the casting of skulls, and Mike has administered a short drum workshop and his latest drum solo.

The first edition will be available in a special steelbook with 2 DVD's + audio CD, but also available as DVD or audio CD seperately.

The artwork is again designed by Anthony Clarkson, who was already responsible for the "Speak Of The Dead" cover.

Although not mentioned in the news bit, here's the setlist for that night:
Concert in St. Petersburg 20.5.06:
1. Speak of the Dead
2. No Fear
3. Sent by the Devil
4. Soul Survivor
5. Enough is Enough
6. Baby, I'm your Nightmare
SUITE LINGUA MORTIS
7. Morituri te Salutant
8. Prelude of Souls
9. Innocent
10. Depression
11. No Regrets
12. Confusion
13. Black
14. Beauty
15. Don't Fear the Winter
16. Full Moon
17. Higher than the Sky
And some pics:
070106_1.jpg
070106_2.jpg

A blind buy for me. I loved their last DVD to death and although this one is very heavy on the material from their newest album (which was kinda mediocre), this should be a great show. Baby, I'm Your Nightmare is very much appreciated by me! Also the Lingua Mortis Suite in its entirety with lights and lazer bullets and whatever is very nice, definitely my favorite part of Speak of the Dead.

That looks like alot fancier stage than on Cradle to the Stage. But two in two years? Egads, these guys are trying to break my bank account. I'm going to hold off as long as I can, but this light show looks spectacular and Rage is one of my faves.

Too much material, too little time to play... I guess.

I second your appreciation for ROAS anyway, my favorite 80's Rage record (or pre-Trapped era).