New Rapture album

The Scourge said:
For example, the third track, "I Am Complete". has an intro that very much recalls the tremolo banging that Anders did on "Stalemate."

Tremolo banging on stalemate? when does this happen?

Well, perhaps my language is incorrect, as I am no "guitarologist" but what I was trying to point out was the single tone that ascends and decends glissando and acts as a harmonizer to the initial riff of the track(0:10 - 0:19) and reappears periodically. I thought it astute to describe the action as tremolo banging, but perhaps I am wrong?
But even if my verbiage is incorrect, would you not concur that action is resurrected in I Am Complete?

The Scourge said:
Well, perhaps my language is incorrect, as I am no "guitarologist" but what I was trying to point out was the single tone that ascends and decends glissando and acts as a harmonizer to the initial riff of the track(0:10 - 0:19) and reappears periodically. I thought it astute to describe the action as tremolo banging, but perhaps I am wrong?
But even if my verbiage is incorrect, would you not concur that action is resurrected in I Am Complete?

Yeah it definately does happen on I am complete. The only reason i qeustioned the tremolo banging was because I thought maybe i missed out on something myself. I wasnt tryin to be an asshole or anything After reading my own post earlier it may have come across that way. anways, cant wait for the new rapture album, should be some good stuff :D

jptk said:
Yeah it definately does happen on I am complete. The only reason i qeustioned the tremolo banging was because I thought maybe i missed out on something myself. I wasnt tryin to be an asshole or anything After reading my own post earlier it may have come across that way. anways, cant wait for the new rapture album, should be some good stuff :D

No problems mate; just being sure I am not making myself out to be a total jackass with my "knowledge", although I am sure that barrier had been broken some time ago. And yes, I cannot wait either, at the very least to see the artwork and actually get the lyrics. At the time, my favorite track is "Dreaming of Oblivion" as its chorus always hits me hard.
Check out the latest Daylight Dies track "Lies That Bind" as well off of their website; some more great BMDish stuff to get the nipples hard.

discouraged1 said:
listened to the new one.
its same ol song ol over again if you ask me.
i finally broke down and downloaded it.its great.amazing.........that band is so awsome,amazing sense of melody and harmony,dont confuse repetitiveness with consistancy and a reacuring style.
cant wait to get a copy.

*Bumped* to say how much i admire Rapture, masters of melancholic metal...very strong songwriters, crushing riffs, stunning sorrowful guitar leads and solos. They don't get the respect they deserve imo, there is tons of mediocre doom/death bands right now, but Rapture just stands apart. Beautiful music

any fans?

I like them, mainly "Songs For The Withering", though I own all 3 of their albums. The BMD resemblance (read: worship) is quite striking on the debut, that's what initially got me interested. Good desperate sorrowful growls too.

once i played with rapture as supportband haha!

seriously, its really sad them being so passive and unsupported by their label etc.... they should have done multiple tours at this point as they're on their 4th album. i'd loved to take em out with us....

Doh. I thought this would be a new thread, about some forthcoming Rapture album. Oh well.

Excellent band. I wish Katatonia would take them out to the U.S.! And if there is a fourth album in the works, that is good news to me.