Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
robertenglund_freddyvsjason_240.jpg
'Nightmare on Elm Street' Becomes CBS Reality
(Wednesday, June 16 11:30 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Many reality shows aim to help the contestants make their dreams come true. Now, taking the name of one of horror cinema's most popular franchises, CBS is ready to let contestants bring their nightmares to life. The network is developing "Nightmare on Elm Street: Real Nightmares."The six-episode reality series will help viewers confront their own nightmares with the help of none other than Freddy Kreuger himself, actor Robert Englund. Thankfully, in his capacity as host, Englund won't be required to don the Kreuger makeup.

Englund will show up at participants' homes and ask them to recount their deepest darkest nightmares. As the participants tell their stories, the dreams will be visualized by special effects artist Peter Kuran ("Star Wars," "Robo Cop" and "X-Men 2").

"I'm eager to discover what lurks in America's nightmares so I can visit my victims -- I mean guests -- one on one, and find out what makes 'em scream," Englund jokes -- we think.Hopefully somebody will have a fear of alligators or of the country's 37th President, because Kuran did effects work on gems like "Lake Placid" and "Nixon." He also provided optical effects for 1989's "A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child."

After the participants have delved deeply into their tortured psyches, Englund will take them to a secret location to face their nightmare head-on in an elaborate challenge.

New Line Television is producing the series, which takes its inspiration from the New Line film franchise that began with Wes Craven's 1984 classic "A Nightmare on Elm Street." The series' creative death rattle was 2003's "Freddy vs. Jason."

"We are currently on a nationwide search to find the most frightening nightmares in the country. We look forward to sending Robert into the homes of ordinary Americans where he will scare the living daylights out of them," says New Line Television Senior Vice President Jon Kroll, who will executive produce the series. "It's tremendously exciting to transform one of New Line's most enduring film franchises into a compelling new reality series."

The first open casting call for the show will take place at the Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn in North Hollywood on Tuesday, June 22. Further information on having your own nightmare on Elm Street is available at CBS' website.

Glorious land of blood and pain
We fought and died for your pride
Centuries of war, ashes, blood and steel
Forever your honour we'll defend

We'll put a boot up your ass, it's the American way
and kill an Arab or Albanian, cause they're both way gay

Patriotism:
Love of and devotion to one's country.

Nationalism:
Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.

both innocuous literally, pernicious in execution!