freddy vs. jason vs. ash?

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Even before "Alien vs. Predator," the resurrection of two tired movie franchises, captured the top spot at the weekend box office, New Line Cinema began plotting a new face-off for its horror favorites, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, who had their own moment atop the boxoffice last August with "Freddy vs. Jason."

Sources said the studio is in negotiations with director-producer Sam Raimi (the "Spider-Man" movies) for a project titled "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash." In the proposed sequel, Freddy (from the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" films) and Jason (from the "Friday the 13th" pics) would go up against Ash, the cynical anti-hero survivor of Raimi's "Evil Dead" trilogy, which also includes "Army of Darkness."

Bruce Campbell played the character in the trilogy and would play him again if the deal were to close.

Although Raimi would not direct, he holds rights to the "Evil Dead" franchise. "Freddy vs. Jason" grossed more than $74 million, so even if a deal with Raimi can't be reached, New Line is determined to find a way to extend the franchise by introducing a new character or just pitting Freddy and Jason against each other one more time.

Ash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Freddy and Jason combined

I'd rather see a fourth Evil Dead with Raimi at the helm than anything like this.

evilpaws.jpg

I don't want to even THINK about a movie with Ash that isn't directed by Raimi. I don't want to see one of my top 3 favorite movie characters (Ash + Dude and Walter from The Big Lebowski) get totally ruined.