New recording (post meta/hardcore) - Feedback please!

fsgdjv

Jan 3, 2008
Sup.

I Just recorded a demo with my band, first recording I've done with nothing but my own gear in a project studio that we built.

I say the genre is post metal/hardcore in the topic but honestly I don't know what genre it is. It was mixed like a post metal or hardcore song anyways, as in not trying to have it overly polished and super modern sounding.

anyways, here is the song: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3031979/chipsndicks.mp3

Any feedback would be appreciated, since it's my first recording in our project studio and I'm sure there are many many things I could improve.

Digging the music. Must be a good live band.

As far as what you are going for I would say you are pretty much there. Personally I would have like some more power to the drum shells. Maybe opened the soundstage up more to allow for a bigger sense of space.

Digging the music. Must be a good live band.

As far as what you are going for I would say you are pretty much there. Personally I would have like some more power to the drum shells. Maybe opened the soundstage up more to allow for a bigger sense of space.

Thanks!

And yes, I understand what you mean with the drum shells. I didn't have any mics to spare for room mics when I recorded the drums. But I suppose that's the next thing I'll have to buy then..