New Rhapsody album

phantomfreak

WoY Supporter
Nov 22, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
Italian symphonic metal masters RHAPSODY OF FIRE have announced that their new album, From Chaos To Eternity, will be released on June 17th via Nuclear Blast Records.

rhapsodyoffirefromchaostoeternity.jpg

Says the band, "It is the end of an era. This historical release will end the Rhapsody’s sagas once and for all after 15 years of fantasy oriented lyrics, and for the last time we’ll hear Sir Christopher Lee narrating one of our albums, the last dramatic events of a legendary tale started in 1997 and told through 2 different sagas and 10 full length albums.

We are surely very sad but we also know that for this same reason the upcoming release will remain in the history of the band for its artistic importance and unique epic!”

From Chaos To Eternity tracklisting:

'Ad Infinitum'
'From Chaos To Eternity'
'Tempesta Di Fuoco'
'Ghosts Of Forgotten Worlds'
'Anima Perduta'
'Aeons Of Raging Darkness'
'I Belong To The Stars'
'Tornado'
'Heroes Of The Waterfalls' Kingdom'
I. 'Lo Spirito Della Foresta'
II. 'Realm Of Sacred Waterfalls'
III. 'Thanor's Awakening'
IV. 'Northern Skies Enflamed'
V. 'The Splendour Of Angels' Glory (A Final Revelation)'

From Chaos To Eternity will be released in a jewelcase standard edition with a 24 page booklet, and as an exclusive limited edition with a 48 page booklet, full of great and unique surprises – as well as two bonus tracks, for a total of 65 minutes.

http://www.bravewords.com/news/158221

I am really looking forward to hearing this album, but it sucks to know that it will be their last.

NICE!!! Rhapsody was my first power metal band , as far as i remember i started to listen them around 2001 / 2000..The frozen tears is an awesome album, its good to see they anxiety about this new album..cannot wait!

Defiance said:
There are actually a lot of Rhapsody fans here; however, I'm not sure if it was entirely necessary to create a new thread.

It sure was!!

I'm looking forward to this. But yeah, is this the end? Or just the end of them writing cheesy fantasy? And that raises a more important question. What next!?

Djöfull;9716188 said:
Bleurgh.. hate to see a thread of this band on this forum... Blargh!

i didn't want to break the idyll so i didn't say anything but...
you stole my words :p

it's embarassing (edit: i had written sad before but it wasn't the right adjective) that italian metal is worldwide known for rhapsody. :bah:

At least, you have one worldwide known band... :lol:

but you have haemorrhage and avulsed!!!! :p

i get what you're saying, they are not so famous as rhapsody, probably tierra santa and mago de oz are more famous, but i don't listen to them, i don't even know what kind of music they do, i've just heard people speaking about them, so they must be known also here.

but you have haemorrhage and avulsed!!!! :p

i get what you're saying, they are not so famous as rhapsody, probably tierra santa and mago de oz are more famous, but i don't listen to them, i don't even know what kind of music they do, i've just heard people speaking about them, so they must be known also here.

Hehehe, you're right! I forgot Mago de Oz... I hate them!! :p

I don't know how known are they out of Spain or South America.

Tierra Santa split up some years ago, but I think they reunite again this year... :)

It sure was!!

I'm looking forward to this. But yeah, is this the end? Or just the end of them writing cheesy fantasy? And that raises a more important question. What next!?

Haha apparently it was :p .

I think it's the end of cheesy fantasy, I believe they'll go more towards the hippie-tree-hugging theme now haha. But it's certainly intriguing to listen to what will be next.

I only like the first two albums.

And they sucks in concert! :bah:

I like all albums except SoEL II :p but yes, they "sucks [sic]" live. One of my "dreams" was seeing Rhapsody live, and I did, and even if it wasn't a "disappointment", they're certainly very weak.

i didn't want to break the idyll so i didn't say anything but...
you stole my words :p

it's embarassing (edit: i had written sad before but it wasn't the right adjective) that italian metal is worldwide known for rhapsody. :bah:

I LOVE Theatres des Vampires, which is Italiana too :) .

At least, you have one worldwide known band... :lol:

Hey hey wait! What the heck are you saying? You've Tierra Santa, Barón Rojo and Mägo de Oz!!! (I really like the last two.) Spanish metal is quite good, even if it doesn't have many bands.

Oh Mägo is INSANELY popular here, there's even an official fan club! I've been a long-time fan, and I still really like the band (just see my FlickR haha) despite their legion of I-don't-know-shit-about-metal-or-music-in-general fanboys and groupies. But have you seen them live? Mägo has to be one of the best ones I've ever seen live, definitely in my top 5.

Over the past few years I would think Lacuna Coil are the bigger name around the world now.

True!!! Especially due to Rhapsody's temporary hiatus, Lacuna became crap (as 95% of Female-fronted-Goth bands) and unbelievably popular everywhere.

I have Finisterra by Mago de Oz and some Tierra santa albums :/ Some of the songs are quite good. Some weird... I was in Madrid, Spain in 2002 and got to know some stuff. Soziedad alkoholika also... that's more of a blend of hardcore,metal and thrash.

The guitarist for Fleshgod Apocalypse should have taken over the guitar duties with Slayer since Jeff Hanneman got a flesh eating disorder... :p

Djöfull;9717261 said:
I have Finisterra by Mago de Oz and some Tierra santa albums :/ Some of the songs are quite good. Some weird... I was in Madrid, Spain in 2002 and got to know some stuff. Soziedad alkoholika also... that's more of a blend of hardcore,metal and thrash.

The guitarist for Fleshgod Apocalypse should have taken over the guitar duties with Slayer since Jeff Hanneman got a flesh eating disorder... :p

What? Flesh eating disorder? :lol: Yeah I like Soziedad Alkoholika too.

Yeah Finisterra is a masterpiece, I love it. Gaia (I) is another masterpiece, listen to it.