New Rhapsody album

The over-production of power metal turns me off. Can't listen to more than 30 seconds of any power metal band.

The over-production of power metal turns me off. Can't listen to more than 30 seconds of any power metal band.

I wouldn't say Power is over-produced, for me that'll be Dimmu's new album, or for The Angry Guy it'd be Deadlock's :lol: . I think that what you dislike are the orchestrations, not the productions. If you want I can suggest some bands for you to listen.

Hey hey wait! What the heck are you saying? You've Tierra Santa, Barón Rojo and Mägo de Oz!!! (I really like the last two.) Spanish metal is quite good, even if it doesn't have many bands.

Oh Mägo is INSANELY popular here, there's even an official fan club! I've been a long-time fan, and I still really like the band (just see my FlickR haha) despite their legion of I-don't-know-shit-about-metal-or-music-in-general fanboys and groupies. But have you seen them live? Mägo has to be one of the best ones I've ever seen live, definitely in my top 5.

I'm sorry, but I don't like Mago de Oz. The old stuff is average. Finisterra is his first non-metal album, and since Gaia, they are folky pop-metal, hehehe.

Anyway, I've seen them live several times, because they play a lot of concerts at village festivals. They play good, but I don't like their attitude, specially from the Drummer and the Singer.

Soziedad Alkohólika was a great band at the beginnings like a Thrashcore band, but lately the play a lot of groove stuff that I don't like.

Dude. Fleshgod Apocalypse? Neo-classical technical death metal. That band is fucking PHENOMENAL.
If you like Technical Death metal, I recommend you a spanish band called Wormed. :kickass:

Now that's a lucky girl! I wish I could've seen them live. :bah: They're like my favorite DM band right now. Really could listen to Orcales 100 times over.

:D

and only 45 minutes of driving! :p
yes i know, you're hating me...

(let me brag a little bit, since we have 1/5 of the cool concerts you have in sweden)