New Rush Singles

rapidspeed

May 18, 2010
Cyprus
Two new Rush singles were released a few hours ago (Caravan and BU2B), one is a B-side and the other the first single from their upcoming album. Both of the songs are awesome, much heavier than their usual stuff... but I'm not complaining :headbang:

What do you guys think?

Definitely odd choices for single releases in that neither has a distinct hookline, like "Spindrift" on the last disc. I'm not really sure what to think of both songs after the first listen, but it was the same with "Far Cry" a couple of years ago. I'm a huge fan of contemporary Rush, so I'll probably end up liking all of it anyway. ;)

both songs are awesome, powerful, with fantastic variations....... can't wait until 2011!!!

Diaper Trails = :puke:
Maybe their worst ever(though Test For Earwax is so certainly up there).

It was like they couldn't make the production sound any heavier and then they made it sound even heavier all to compensate for an album with nothing noteworthy to offer.

Anybody that doesnt like Rush is pansys, I know this

...Dream Theater at half speed. Gross.

I thought Dream Theater was Rush in double time ?
----------------------------------

Origional Rush was the best, when they really didnt know what they were doing but did it anyway, and it came out good anyhow, it was fresh. This happens to all bands. Speaking of which Rush must darn near be the current oldest surviving band in its origional line up ?

These two songs sound OK what little Im hearing of them on their site.

I thought Dream Theater was Rush in double time ?

Eh heh, I suppose. But I thought their songwriting on Fly By Night through Moving Pictures was stronger than DT's ever was. These are just bland, and sort of...sleazy-sounding, like they're cheap, I don't know.

I felt I&W was equally important as Fly by Night, Caress of Steel, 2112 only more astounding and my range dates from when all four albums were brand spankin new.
------------------------------------------------------
I like Test for Echo and Presto but still the excitement was gone, maybe just wore off by that time or long before

As much as I'm sure how DT would love(and tried) to capture the brilliance of the Caress Of Steel through Hemispheres material; they never quite eclipsed that summit.

Images & Words, Awake, and especially Scenes From A Memory are terrific albums. But let's get real here.