New Rush Singles

How old are you?

Again, SX don't ever wank. Prior to Scenes, DT didn't wank either. But Six Degrees is one gigantic wankfest; as is the majority of their subsequent material.

This really isn't that hard.

Looks like you returned that CD too early there champ cause you obviously have no idea. After The Glass Prison and snippets of Blind Faith and The Great Debate, there's little to no shredding...AND it's a double album.
100% epic fail on your part.
Plus JP shreds way more on Train of Thought so an ill advised choice of example all around
I personally think 6DOIT is a masterpiece but we're all different.
What we can say for sure is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Looks like you returned that CD too early there champ cause you obviously have no idea. After The Glass Prison and snippets of Blind Faith and The Great Debate, there's little to no shredding...AND it's a double album.
100% epic fail on your part.
Plus JP shreds way more on Train of Thought so an ill advised choice of example all around
I personally think 6DOIT is a masterpiece but we're all different.
What we can say for sure is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Is this Jimmy Labrie? How's tricks?

Learning anything from the Symphony X forum? I know times are tough.

Getting back on topic...lol

I think I've listened to these new Rush tracks about 100 times in the past week and a half. They're still really good

Also, rushbackstage.com has this promotion where if you buy 40 bucks worth of select sale items (before taxes), they'll give you the physical CD single. I think I'm going to take them up on that offer...

Dude I agree Carress never got it's due. I only wish they would play some of that stuff in concert. The new singles sound pretty good to me. It is nice to hear Alex play an actual solo again. Did anyone hear the solo he did on Fear of a Blank Plant? A great group by the way. Porcupine Tree.

Is this Jimmy Labrie? How's tricks?

Learning anything from the Symphony X forum? I know times are tough.

Great response there. Kinda reinforces my point at the very least.

And I'm pretty sure that times are anything but tough for DT. Just about to kick off a N.A. tour with Iron Maiden. A few albums deep with a new, major label. 20+ years behind them. Portnoy to then tour with A7X followed by a new album next year.
Granted, their last 3 releases haven't been up to par but there are diamonds in the rough (Octavarium/Count of Tuscany)

On topic, I'm not digging those Rush songs. They need to stop trying to keep with the times and get in the hot tub time machine back to 1984.

They are also in the hall of fame,because of their being more space in the music industry back than. Now days its over saturated, and most people download stuff anyway! So there really is no comparison. So pretty shitty post overall. BUT Rush is still a great band and deserve to be there.

I met the Count of Tuscany a young eccentric man bahn of roy-al blaahd suckin on his pipe

UH-MAKIN ME UPTIGHT

Rush is in the hall of fame for a reason. DT isn't. For a reason.

Which is because ? They are not dead or near death yet ? Havent captivated a commercial enough audience to sell multi million albums ? Because the hall of fame is 3-4 decades behind ?

I dont know seems like a premature statement to me though I would not expect them to be recognised by such an operation. Still they are somehow quite recognised by the prog fans, enough so that a specific percentage feel the need to bitch about them constantly.

Which is because ?

> Havent captivated a commercial enough audience to sell multi million albums.
^

That plus their longevity and success. Prog fans can cry all they want, but bands like Rush have appealed to more than just prog nerds.

Whether you agree with it or not, when the dust settles on history there's no question which bands will be remembered.

Exactly or I would not have said it, broader success and popularity still do not equate to how you have been refering to DT's supposed "inferiority". At the same time I highly doubt DT will not still be considered highly relevent let alone forgotten and they still could be selected. They sit right with many of the other "great" that have made it in my musical history. How long was Zep dead before they got chose, Tull, Floyd ?

I could give a flying-leap-through-a-cheerio fuck about the R&R Hall Of Fame. The divide and the disparity between popularity and songwriting quality has grown so vastly wide through the years that they should retain what little ounce of dignity and integrity they have and either close shop or change the nature of it completely.

The fact that bands like SX and Fates Warning will almost certainly never make it into their archives and that bands like Blink 182 and Matchbox 20 will make the institution of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

So a band was BIG. Yeah, the Third Reich was big.

Means absolute jack shite.