New Rush Singles

@Razor: For the vast majority id have to agree, but I love instrumentals just as much as you. But DT's 12 minute long live solo improv between rudess and Portnoy are not instrumentals. Its mashing buttons and banging the drums to a a certain speed. Some of my fave symphony x stuff is the long instrumentals. Wankery to me is just on going noise, that really did not have to be extended the extra 2 minutes to just noodle around some more. Absolutely no direction. I love DT, but it gets tiresome!

Now THAT'S funny. You wanna talk about reading problems. You made an inference and I also made an inference to what we both like(fact is though that the Rush you love most IS "newer" than the Rush I love most). You wanna cry about it? Then let's dispense with the putting of the words in each others' mouths.

The point is that you gave me shit when I slammed DT's 6 Degrees forwards material; so obviously that is a source of friction for you. I tried to reason with you but now you are coming off like a complete prick and confirming the condescending asshole tone of your initial post in my direction.

And you called me "immature".:rolleyes:

It's amazing we haven't crossed cocks on here before. :Spin:

This was what I posted on page 2... Try to keep up with the discussions in the future since it really helps!

I only really care for the earlier Rush discs going from Moving Pictures back...

Dream Theater usually have a few great songs on each disc and some that I don't care about so I take them off....

"multimetered wankery".... I guess I'm guilty of liking this type of stuff...

Also.... What's with all the negative assumptions? You've been consistantly wrong with me... :lol:

Proul -I have no idea what goes on live, I havent seen them since 92 or 93 and was quite impressed with the show, figureing there was no way musicains could be good enough to pull off that kind of stuff live, but they did amazingly well.
-----------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what you other two are argueing about but its starting to smell like piss..... LOL

The only point I could make that I think is worthy would be that while Rush (or any other band) is generally not as technically proficient in thier early days, the music they write(wrote) is more pure or genuine or origional, stands out from the rest. After all even disregarding outside influences any band begins to clone themselves, often just updating or technically upgrading the same vib they began with. Then often worse yet, they start jumping on what ever new wave of musical ideas comes along from other youthful bands and then get slagged for that.

I suppose in the end we should all just die at 26 and leave the world "free" for the youts.

This was what I posted on page 2... Try to keep up with the discussions in the future since it really helps!

Also.... What's with all the negative assumptions? You've been consistantly wrong with me... :lol:

All it proves is that I never took what you wrote seriously and the only place that I was wrong was not telling you that initially. (Notice: Caress-Hemispheres era is still older than what you wrote but we don't really disagree on Rush it seems anyway and just distracts from the source of your problem with me calling DT's 6Degrees onward stuff multimetered wankery, so you evidently are just wanking yourself in looking for a scuffle with me).
Try to address the real issue in discussions instead of sidetracking them because it really helps!

It's clear that I was right about your initial post as being condescending covert vitriol and not a serious question based on your persistence of being a prick. Any negative assumptions I could have had about you were indeed wrong because they weren't negative enough.

Now fly on back to the DT forum; because to tell you the truth, DT are no longer worthy of my scorn and you never were.

See there you go again... Too funny

I've NEVER visited a DT forum and I really did want some suggestions of bands who you claim to be "multimetered wankery" bands....

Too bad you have to be so negative and can't answer the question also my responses came with the same tone as yours so quit your crying!

BTW... I don't listen to 6 degrees with the exception of a few songs and I could careless what band you called out as being multimetered wankers....

I really did want some suggestions of bands who you claim to be "multimetered wankery" bands....

and I could careless what band you called out as being multimetered wankers....

This proves two things.
1) I was right about you all along and 2) these two contradicting statements make this an even funnier clownfest than I'd ever hoped it'd be. :lol::lol:
YOU win the prize for the king of comedy buddy. :worship: :lol:

And now, my final utterance to you- multimetered wankery isn't in the form of bands; it is in the form of actions(or in many cases, inaction). Just because certain musicians have the chops doesn't mean they can half ass it to get an album made. Just ask yourself while listening to a song, does every note count or are they simply filling space?
One should never be pretentious; but if they must be, it has to be earned.
Now I have answered your question.

How are those statements contradicting?

I like wanking types of bands and I could careless which one you decided to bash.... Get it?

I really thought this was simple stuff to follow...

You really have some very bad negative issues... Good luck!

I like wanking types of bands and I could careless which one you decided to bash.... Get it?

I really thought this was simple stuff to follow...

<sigh> Alright, I'll bite(only because I'm curious). It's clear that you're the one with serious negative issues since you're over-complicating it.
Since you're the only one here who claims that there are wanking bands(since you say you like them).
So, who are they??? :Spin:

Here are some...

Spiral Architect
Blotted Science
Spastic Ink
Return to Forever
Lye By Mistake
Naikaku
Sikth
Spheric Universe Experience
Zero Hour

Yeah sure, they've got some wank tendencies(some more than others) which makes it sadder because many of them are quite skilled musicians. It's just kinda perplexing why you'd like it when you can recognize this. I guess I've heard everything now.

What do you think about Blind Guardian?

I'd say that Yngwie has had a wank or two in his career.

Yngwie is a good one!!!

I remember seeing him open for Nugent when he was in Alcatraz and we were all impressed...

Why isn't Peart considered a wanker?

Because he's asleep.

In all seriousness though, I would actually call him too technical. Not in a wanking sense either. But even subtle, there's still layers of genius there even though he's not going balls to the wall. In short, I don't think Peart could wank even in his sleep. He's much too neurotic and overanalytical. The producers of the past few Rush albums could be accused of wanking. Geddy is just plain misguided.

Eddie Van Halen, Wakeman and Emerson are a few more musicians that I grew up listening too that have to be considered wankers...