New Scott ian Merchandise up the wazoo...

the guitar looks nice, but if you are paying $200 for a guitar, its going to sound like you paid $200 for it. Its a good starter guitar, but I would probably never get it

How can you say fenders play like nj series bc rich??? which fenders, squier?? maybe but they only cost one hundred pounds or so. You cant compare fender with bc rich its not the same, most jackson even cheap ones for 300 quid are built in japan. bc rich ibanez etc are korean or worse. so in recap, fender and jackson rule, everything else sucks. Cheers

By the way if you want the good scott ian guitar from washburn its about 2000 quid. Nice!

JohnThrax said:
the guitar looks nice, but if you are paying $200 for a guitar, its going to sound like you paid $200 for it. Its a good starter guitar, but I would probably never get it

They seem to be good enough for Scott, he says he's been playing the Lyon live. The price of the guitar doesn't always indicate it's quality. I bought a Dearmond Jetstar for about £60 a good few years back and it's still my weapon of choice over my Dean ML and SG Re-issue...

Jockthrax said:
They seem to be good enough for Scott, he says he's been playing the Lyon live. The price of the guitar doesn't always indicate it's quality. I bought a Dearmond Jetstar for about £60 a good few years back and it's still my weapon of choice over my Dean ML and SG Re-issue...
i hadnt realized the quality of the guitar, although most guitars that are that cheap are starter guitars that dont sound very good.

It is a starter guitar but I am using it live and it sounds killer. Playing through 2 VMax heads helps!!! I had no problem with the quality of Jackson guitars. They were always great to me. I had been there a long time and there was no room for advancement. Washburn is an extremely proactive company and let me design my new Sig model from scratch. They have all kinds of stuff going for me that I could never have at Jackson. Dime hooked me with Randall 6 years ago. I was at his house and we were jamming in his studio and I plugged in to one of his heads with my old TC Electronic Booster pedal and the tone was sick. He took the guitar from me and played it and couldn't believe that I walked into his house and got a better tone. Next thing I know, a Randall stack shows up at my house and I A-B'd the Randall and my Marshall for a month. Then I made the switch. I no longer use the TC as the VMax gives me all the gain I need. There should be a new AM posted tonight and there's a pic of my Dino Baldini (Dime's nickname for me) that Washburn made me. It's my best guitar. I'm trying to get a link to all the stuff available at Musicland. I'll post when I have it.

Wu, when you record do you use your current endorsement guitars or do you use what ever sounds best, whether its your Washburn, Jackson etc?