New Sensory signing...Twisted Into Form

the vocals in the first few measures are a little sketchy sounding (key wise? placement?) when i first heard it. the chorus and bridge vocals sound fine to me though. i got use to it overtime and dont mind them. if i can listen to a robot vocoder on the cynic record, i can listen to anything. haha

:30 - :48 seconds is absolutely awesome. when it starts harmonizing at :39 seconds in, pure brain maze (TRON). thats a goosebump riff. cant wait to hear it fully mixed and produced with the bass more pronounced under it.

Hi, this is Kaj from Twisted into Form, just to say thank you for showing an interest in this project - and for all the feedback so far. I had some initial problems with the postings, otherwise I would have been here sooner... And just for the record: I know that whatever Twisted into Form does, we will (for obvious reasons) be compared to S.A. - but still I hope you can see beyond that when the record comes out :)

To Neil and Ken: Long time, no see! Sorry for the lack of contact lately - I have for some reason been very busy with all this music-stuff and whatnot... Plus the sun here in Portugal is dificult to resist, you know. Hope you are both well, and I'm definitely looking forward to the continuation of this thing!

This song rocks!!! I dig the guitar work. I dont know what "dark lord" had against the vocals theyre not THAT bad. I expected something hideous sound but was pleasantly suprized and very much liked this stuff. It does have that spiral sound to it(obvious reasons)but will stand alone as being original.
Hell, when I first heard "a sceptics universe" I said oh theyre just trying to sound like watchtower-even the production. But soon realized it had many other fine qualities that set them apart from the Tower. And now I can definately say say I like SA better than wtower. mostly for the vocals!
keep up the great work KAJ -hurry up and get this out !!!!

Hi Kaj,

Very good to see you here. Long time indeed. I hope all is well with you these days. Looking forward to working with you again.

Happy New Year!

Neil K.

Happy New Year to you too, Neil! Thanks, it feels quite nice to be here :)
I just sent you a looong mail, by the way!

Thank you, vessal1, it's nice to hear that you like it! And to all of you for taking the time to comment on it - much appreciated indeed.

Well, the release date is not set yet, first comes the mix! This has been a very slow and long project (Erik is actually finishing his last bass tracks as we speak) for many reasons, one being that I moved from Norway to Portugal a year and a half ago. By then I had recorded maybe half of the guitars and I spent the following months preparing for the rest and finishing lyrics and vocal lines at home. We did the last part of the recording in August/September 2004 - or so we though... Then the good Mr. Ken Golden of Laser's Edge and Sensory (hello!) asked in the most unrefusable way if there might be a little more music lying around - which, unfortunately, there wasn't. That meant another round of writing and recording, which we did in October this year. After that, Erik and Leif has done some last vocal-work, and Erik is, as I said, laying the finishing touches on the bass this week.

And that's the short version of our recording sessions :dopey:

A little note on Leif's vocals: It seems people either loves or hates his voice, I've heard the comments throughout the years, all the way from the work he did with us even pre-dating the Spiral demo. Personally I love his voice and I'm incredibly happy that he has once again come to my rescue, but matters of taste are of course as impossible to discuss as the weight of weather. Regardless, I will say this: One of the reasons I like working with Leif, apart from the obvious ones (a very nice guy, very musically flexible, and very professional in a studio environment), is that he is NOT a metal vocalist. It is true that his first band (at least I think it was his first) was a genuine metal act in the vein of old Ozzy and the likes, and he does a yearly summer concert with some friends performing all kinds of hard rock and metal classics, but mainly he is more of a straight rock singer. To me, this gives a different approach to the vocals which I very much enjoy within the framework of our music. And also, his voice is not too far from my own in terms of pitch and timbre (although pretty far off in terms of quality, I'm afraid...), which makes it a lot easier for me to explain what I want - since I'm the one writing the vocal melodies.

sounds awesome that there was more stuff recorded.

at first when you hear the vocals they hit you kind of oddly in that song. i think thats where people might find the most "uneasy" feel with them (the opening lines before the bug-typewriter riff). later into the song though they feel dead-on and not out of place (chorus / outro). they start having more feel in the beginning once you get use to them.

This stuff sounds great I look forward to getting the album, the outro riffs sound awesome :Spin:

Ok, I went into this expecting SA 2, but I was pleasantly surprised as the song went on! I'm really enjoying a lot of aspects of this! The guitars especially are very atmospheric, and the vocals are interesting, at first I didn't like his voice, but it has a certain quality that is growing on me, and he has written some very nice vocal melodies to go along with his voice. I like how the song closes also!

Neil has been spoonfeeding me the tracks as they are being mixed. It's an interesting way to hear the album - one or two tunes a day. There is a lot of variety in the material that gives the album a lot of depth. So far I'm totally blown away.

If I might mention one thing...this band is Twisted Into Form...it's not Spiral Architect. There is a commonality between them but they have their distinct sound. It would be disservice to TIS to try to pass them off as some type of Spiral clone. It would also be a disservice to Spiral to think that any band could simply copy the magic they created with A Sceptic's Universe. Twisted Into Form has their own magic formula (as you will hear).

When we release Then Comes Affliction To Awaken The Dreamer after the summer I hope tech metal fans approach the album with a open mind and a willingness to embrace a forward thinking musicial statement that stands on its own merits.

Ken Golden
The Laser's Edge/Sensory
www.lasercd.com

As I mix the songs and spend hours working on each one I am becoming more and more thrilled with what the guys have put together here. This is really great stuff. I can't wait to hear the album all in one sitting. I'll never forget the first complete playback of ASU (at Ocean View Mastering in LA). This will be a great ride as well.

i cant wait to hear this thing too. its one of the only metal releases im excited about / looking forward to AT ALL. is there going to be a new MP3 put up sometimes on the TIF site?

NK said:
As I mix the songs and spend hours working on each one I am becoming more and more thrilled with what the guys have put together here. This is really great stuff. I can't wait to hear the album all in one sitting. I'll never forget the first complete playback of ASU (at Ocean View Mastering in LA). This will be a great ride as well.