New site, myspace

Please explain to me how a cd getting leaked can be a bad?

well for one it actually makes a release date a RELEASE DATE. instead of everyone already having it because they downloaded it. it helps album sales go up and just adds to the surprise. think about gift giving. would you want that gift 3 weeks in advance even if you knew that the person giving it to you did not want it to be that way? the band and record label have arranged for this album to release how it is and who are we to change that?

well for one it actually makes a release date a RELEASE DATE. instead of everyone already having it because they downloaded it. it helps album sales go up and just adds to the surprise. think about gift giving. would you want that gift 3 weeks in advance even if you knew that the person giving it to you did not want it to be that way? the band and record label have arranged for this album to release how it is and who are we to change that?

Never said it was a good/bad thing, I just think it doesn't make any difference and I'll explain why - Bands/record companies are saying downloads are hurting their sales which may be partially true but I think that they are just "counting their chickens before their eggs have hatched", they are assuming that all people who have downloaded their music would have paid for it otherwise which is not true. Gone are the days where people would be forced to buy cds only to find that the majority of the cd "sucks", now people can "try before they buy" so to speak.

At the end of the day fans will always buy cds from their musicians regardless of whether or not they downloaded the album or not. Seems to me that the majority of the bands complaining/being affected by this are the mediocre ones or the ones that are refusing to evolve/keep up with the times.

Never said it was a good/bad thing, I just think it doesn't make any difference and I'll explain why - Bands/record companies are saying downloads are hurting their sales which may be partially true but I think that they are just "counting their chickens before their eggs have hatched", they are assuming that all people who have downloaded their music would have paid for it otherwise which is not true. Gone are the days where people would be forced to buy cds only to find that the majority of the cd "sucks", now people can "try before they buy" so to speak.

At the end of the day fans will always buy cds from their musicians regardless of whether or not they downloaded the album or not. Seems to me that the majority of the bands complaining/being affected by this are the mediocre ones or the ones that are refusing to evolve/keep up with the times.

this is true but the majority that tries before they buy is a much smaller number than the ones who try and dont buy. lets face it, people are cheap these days and they feel like "why should i pay money for this when i can just download it and spend it on something else i need?" people just dont respect the musicians as much as they used to. now i have absolutely no problem with those who actually purchase the album eventually after they DL it but this is exactly why places like napster and itunes give you 30 second samples of these songs so you can hear what its like before you buy it.