New Slayer Leaked

The Greys said:
This is not a return to form for the band and is crap. This could possibly be more embarassing than god hates us all.

Slayer had good lyrics and some crappy cliche lyrics but they never wrote music or lyrics this stupid before. I'm never wearing a slayer shirt again.

I used to wonder why so many people kept saying you were the worst poster on this board, but it's slowly becoming clearer.
I haven't heard this song yet, but the fact you don't like it is endorsement enough.

ender7227 said:
^Seriously, I much prefer lyrics with emotion and meaning.

I don't. Leave the poetry to poets; 99% of "emotional" lyrics written by metal bands are cringeworthy abortions.

I have to agree with Killbot on this one.

I don't listen to music and expect novel quality lyrics, I read books for that.

As me and a couple of friends said a while ago:

"For us, its not what the lyrics are or about, but rather that they are there".

Of course this rule goes into jeopardy when the lyrics are so bad they interfear with the lyrics.... *cough* Cult *cough*

Slayer should do the following and quit.

DVD 1
Evil Has No Boundaries
The Antichrist
Die By The Sword
Fight Till Death
Face The Slayer
Black Magic
Tormentor
The Final Command
Crionics
Show No Mercy
Chemical Warfare
Captor Of Sin
Haunting The Chapel
Aggressive Perfector
Hell Awaits
Kill Again
At Dawn They Sleep
Praise Of Death
Necrophiliac
Crypts Of Eternity
Hardening Of The Arteries

DVD-2
South Of Heaven
Silent Scream
Live Undead
Behind The Crooked Cross
Mandatory Suicide
Ghosts Of War
Read Between The Lies
Cleanse The Soul
Dissident Aggressor
Spill The Blood
War Ensemble
Blood Red
Spirit In Black
Expendable Youth
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
Skeletons Of Society
Temptation
Born Of Fire
Seasons In The Abyss

Add covering "Taking on the World" by Judas Priest to that, too. I'd quite like them to do another covers album, actually, but of metal / nwobhm tracks rather than boring punk dross.

Zephyrus said:
For any of you complaining about The Greys' list, there is already a DVD with all of Reign in Blood on it.

True( a good dvd)

Those 2 DVDS would still be a lot more enjoyable and have better songs.

Erik said:
P.S. This "leak" is actually just the single "Cult" song which was RELEASED today, so it isn't much of an impressive leak. Concerning the song, at least it's pretty fast (can't say anything bad about Lombardo, the man kicks ass) but the riffs are pretty poor and the "breakdown" is absolutely abysmal. 3/10 material and certainly nothing that would make the cut even for "Divine Intervention"

Overall I'd say it's OK, nothing great. Not awful though. 4/10.

Thoth-Amon said:
The 80's stuff. Don't get me wrong I love Bathory but the solos are shit... and you know what I'm cool with that. I look at the overall song and try to ignore his lack of technical ability. I don't look for great melodic tech playing in Bathory's solos and I don't do so in Slayer's solos either.

Bathory DEFINITELY have some awesome solos and it is in the material you aren't listening to.

Kerry King's solos mostly flat out suck, even Rick Rozz doesn't do that much annoying shit with a whammy bar. Also Reign In Blood does not have great solos. End.

I can't even remember rick rozz actually soloing so kerry king does have something on him.

Nothing new and revolutionary. But i'll say more after hearing full album.
However I'm not awaitnig something that kick ass anyway I like slyer.

Pull The Plug said:
Bathory DEFINITELY have some awesome solos and it is in the material you aren't listening to.

Kerry King's solos mostly flat out suck, even Rick Rozz doesn't do that much annoying shit with a whammy bar. Also Reign In Blood does not have great solos. End.

Slayer's solos are fine. Stop being such a critic.

If slayer actually did some decent bends in a solo they would have had better solos, or even had alittle reverb and chorus. Jeff Hannemen has some of the worst lead tone I have heard.

I can only think of a few neat slayer solos(two being in spirit in black).

Kerry King has a better grasp of lead tone than hanneman and his solos suck more. Jeffs lead tones on the official live slayer VHS/DVDS could kill an old person.... maybe that's his intent. who knows