Slayer - Divine Intervention

Guardian of Darkness said:
Well, no. The prospect of watching a big fat manbear penetrate the anus of a vacuous cretin isn't particularly appealing to me. The knowledge that it has happened would be rather satisfying, though.

how can you be so incredibly negative all the time? i dont get it.:confused: :wave:

Here's where I think the problem lies. Once a band has released a few albums everyone and their mother will compare the proceeding albums to their previous ones.

Why is it so hard to just review an album by itself, without all the comparisons?

Because 99% of Metal bands build upon past recordings, or rip themselves off every single record. But u make a good point we should evaluate based on the record itself. If Divine Intervention was a huge departure from the Slayer sound, then I would agree with u on this one.

Edgecrusher said:
Here's where I think the problem lies. Once a band has released a few albums everyone and their mother will compare the proceeding albums to their previous ones.

Why is it so hard to just review an album by itself, without all the comparisons?

Because there's no point in listening to inferior music of the same style as superior music, and there's no point in listening to otherwise good music if it's totally redundant.

Guardian of Darkness said:
I hope you get assraped by Kerry King.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. You owned him good.

You say that heavy metal bands "rip off" previous work. No, it's just that they form a signature sound and there are similarities in work. If they dont do that, they won't sound original or consistent. When we rate albums we compare the band's other albums because it's a lot easier to explain it that way. But, I dont trash bands just for changing their direction in their sound on previous albums. For example, Sepultura went from Arise to Chaos A.D and it was a change but I still found it good unlike some of their fans.

When it comes to Divine Intervention I think the vocals are more interesting in this album like in that song "Serenity In Murder".

What's everyone's favourite Slayer album? Mine is Seasons In The Abyss or Reign In Blood (I have not heard them all though).

Divine Intervention was my favorite Slayer for many years, but now I enjoy Seasons in the Abyss the most.

Show No Mercy is the best Slayer album. Possibly the best album of all time.

Divine Intervention was good, but Seasons In The Abyss already did it ... a better album
so divine intervention just doesnt look as good.

misfit said:
Show No Mercy is the best Slayer album. Possibly the best album of all time.

Divine Intervention was good, but Seasons In The Abyss already did it ... a better album
so divine intervention just doesnt look as good.
Basically what I would say. Show No Mercy incorporates a lot of Speed Metal in addition to Thrash, that's why it's not as 'intense' as the later albums. I actually like the vocals best on Show No Mercy.

I don't like Divine Intervention that much. It's basically a step down from Seasons In The Abyss in every manner, especially vocals, which is just unlistenable for me. Tom Araya's vocals are fucking shit on the later albums, starting here, in my opinion.