Rank Slayer's albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
I wanted to start a Slayer topic, but I couldn't think of one. I finally decided on this one. Just rank the Slayer albums from best to worse. My list:

1. Reign in Blood
2. Seasons in the Abyss
3. South of Heaven
4. Hell Awaits
5. Show No Mercy
6. Divine Intervention
7. Haunting the Chappel
8. Live: Decade of Aggression
9. Undisputed Attitude
10. Live Undead
11. God Hates Us All
12. Diablous in Musica

I'm not ranking the live albums:

1. Hell Awaits
2. Reign In Blood
3. South of Heaven
4. Haunting the Chapel
5. Seasons In the Abyss
6. Show No Mercy

....these are the only ones that matter

1 Hell Awaits
2 Seasons in the Abyss
3 Reign in Blood
4 South of Heaven
5 Show No Mercy
6 Haunting the Chapel
7 Divine Intervention
8 God Hates Us All
9 Diabolus in Musica

1) Show No Mercy
2) Haunting The Chapel
3) Hell Awaits
4) Seasons in the Abyss
5) Reign In Blood
6) South Of Heaven
7) Divine Intervention
8) God Hates Us All
9) Diabolus in Musica

1) Reign in Blood
2) South of Heaven
3) Seasons in the Abyss
4) Hell Awaits
5) Show no Mercy
6) Divine Intervention
7) Haunting the Chapel
8) God Hates Us All
9) Diabolus in Musica

1. Show No Mercy
2. Hell Awaits
3. Haunting The Chapel
4. South Of Heaven
5. Reign In Blood
6. Seasons In The Abyss

Heh, not really. I prefer Diabolus to Hell Awaits, which is just noisy rather than well written. I also prefer it to Divine Intervention which really lacks something, and Haunting The Chapel? It's not even a real album - so why are people voting on it? To look cool because they've heard it? o_O

I'll just list the studio full lengths

1. Seasons in the Abyss
2. Reign in Blood
3. South of Heaven
4. Hell Awaits
5. Divine Intervention
6. Show No Mercy
7. Diabolis en Musica
8. God Hates Us All

What the fuck kind of idiot would think that Haunting The Chapel doesn't count just because it's not a full-length album? It's not like it's even remotely rare, so that's sure as hell not it. And listening to Haunting The Chapel won't get you very far in terms of coolness, since most people only know Reign In Blood. For me, Slayer is extremely overrated in every possible aspect except when it comes to Show No Mercy, one of my favorite albums of all time.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Heh, not really. I prefer Diabolus to Hell Awaits, which is just noisy rather than well written. I also prefer it to Divine Intervention which really lacks something, and Haunting The Chapel? It's not even a real album - so why are people voting on it? To look cool because they've heard it? o_O
Um no....it's because Haunting the Chapel has Chemical Warfare on it which is one of the best if not the best Slayer song ever....why the hell am I even replying to someone who thinks Diabolus is better than Hell Awaits? Look past the production and try actually listening to it

1. Hell Awaits
2. Reign in Blood
3. Haunting The Chapel (Yes I'm counting this one even if it was still a three track EP as it was when it was originally released on vinyl and cass. The addition of the original version of Aggressive Perfector is something that should've been done originally.)
4. Divine Intervention
5. Seasons in the Abyss
6. South of Heaven
7. The Rest

I'll admit I'm not nearly the huge Slayer fan that I was 20 years ago but it's still good to listen to when the urge occurs.

Dodens Grav said:
Show No Mercy, one of my favorite albums of all time.
:worship:

1. Show No Mercy (No contest, this dominates all Slayer albums)
2. Seasons In The Abyss
3. Reign In Blood
4. Hell Awaits
5. South Of Heaven

Then the rest. Also I when I first saw someone post The Haunting the Chapel EP as one of their favourites, I thought the same thing as TakinTheMusicBack. Saying favourite 'albums' of all time for me would automatically exlcude EP's and live/compilation albums. But I suppose EP's can scrape through.

Status
Not open for further replies.