Rank Slayer's albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Show No Mercy has Black Magic, Tormentor, and Crionics. Fuck Slayer's Behind The Crooked Cross, I'll take Sabbat's any day over Slayer's. :p

Show No Mercy is good, but it's not nearly as important as RIB.

1) Reign In Blood
2) Hell Awaits
3) Show No Mercy
4) Haunting the Chapel
5) South of Heaven

of the rest, Seasons is probably best, but none of them are worth listening to.

If Hell Awaits and Reign In Blood were merged one album and released in 1985 we could have had the greatest thrash release EVAR.... :Spin:

Pyrus said:
Uh, that's on South of Heaven, my nigga. Hell Awaits has Necrophiliac, Crypts of Eternity, and AT DAWN THEY SLEEP.

If OMGCHEMICALFUCKINGWARFARE was on Show No Mercy, things might be different...but nay.
Hehe, I didn't even pay attention to what album you said...oh well. Hell Awaits is fucking awesome though.

Demiurge said:
Show No Mercy is good, but it's not nearly as important as RIB.

It's barely important at all, it's quite primitive and NWOBHM-esque. Having said that, it's definitely Slayer's third best, I can't say that I dislike it.

misfit said:
yeah, i agree show no mercy is totally unimportant. wasnt it like an elvis tribute album?

Hey, he is correct you know. Many bands had already released albums like "Show No Mercy", and it isn't a very important release if you look at it from a historical perspective. It's catchy and excellent NWOBHM-esque Speed Metal, so there's no way I can ever dislike it, it's one of my favourites. :D

Historically, Slayer's most important releases are "Haunting The Chapel", "Hell Awaits", and "Reign In Blood".

1. Seasons in the Abyss/South of Heaven/Reign in Blood
2. Show No Mercy
3. Hell Awaits
4. Divine Intervention
5. God Hates Us All

I like the first three all the same... and SNM and Hell Awaits are pretty damn close too. Dont really like the other 2 much and I still haven't heard Diabolus or Undisputed Attitude.

Reign In Blood may be incredibly historically important, but it's really kinda boring. The songs lack coherence, and the excellence of many of the riffs is lost in the sheer speed-for-its-own-sake of the playing. Far too sloppy.

I mean, I'll still listen to it and enjoy it, but after it's over none of it will really stick in my head. Just the first and last tracks.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
:rolleyes:
ooohh!! You must be a real expert on metal, you think RIB is boring!

:guh:

Sloppy....mmmm.

He didn't say RIB was terrible, you fucking idiot. It's one of the most fun and brutal albums ever, making it pretty historically important for '86. But it is pretty incoherent in the songwriting department (some songs seem unfinished, and Reborn is just a snoozefest), except for a few songs. Hell Awaits and South Of Heaven are superior in terms of songwriting.

Virtually all of RIB is superior to virtually all of SOH, songwriting wise, methinks. I agree that RIB is a little sloppy in places, but SOH is mediocre at best - very boring indeed. The Epidemic to Raining Blood trio is fucking fabulous anyway, worth ten times more than the entire SOH album.

Status
Not open for further replies.