New song 'Enceladus' (Guitar Rig 4, Legion, SD2 and groovy funk breakdowns)

C2Aye

has the groove.
Jul 11, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey guys! Been a while since I've done anything constructive with my time (cough cough been playing Skyrim cough cough) so here's a new song for you all called Enseladus after one of the moons of Saturn and linking in with the whole Cassini theme.

Kinda messing around stylistically with a slightly funk based breakdown and solo. Apologies for the crappy fake bass, I wish I had access to a real one!

Let me know what you think guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you have the attack on your drums (snare and kick) a little bit too fast, it starts to sound a bit too thin imo. You get that very short snap, but it's a bit too short for my taste. Did you use any parallel compression on the drums? also the ringing of the snare is a bit too much for my tastes, I'm not sure if this is a reverb doing it, but I would make it a little bit shorter.
I do like the song and the guitar playing, nice variations in this song. Keep it up!

everything seems a little burried / muddy, drums are definitely pumping way too much. guitars sound super sweet in the middle section though..

It sounds like you have the attack on your drums (snare and kick) a little bit too fast, it starts to sound a bit too thin imo. You get that very short snap, but it's a bit too short for my taste. Did you use any parallel compression on the drums? also the ringing of the snare is a bit too much for my tastes, I'm not sure if this is a reverb doing it, but I would make it a little bit shorter.
I do like the song and the guitar playing, nice variations in this song. Keep it up!

everything seems a little burried / muddy, drums are definitely pumping way too much. guitars sound super sweet in the middle section though..

Cheers for the input guys, I'll definitely take these things on board for when I work on my next album!