new song for my band

s34nsm411

May 3, 2004
SoundClick MP3: s34nsm411 - Band page with free MP3 music downloads on SoundClick
"new kidnapping (no vox)"

recorded this last night, dfhs on drums and 6505+ with a tubescreamer for guitars, i think we're going to record vocals either today or tomorrow

i kinda want to rerecord the breakdown part, all the tracks werent tracked as clean as id hoped, hows it sound otherwise?

edit: went over this pretty thoroughly, cleaned up the guitars, different kick and snare samples, messed around with lead tones, etc

edit again: now with vocals!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=635157
check here at 'kidnapping - wont be the same'

i think the solo at 1:50 is too loud over the mix. it drowns out the guitar behind it. the overdub at 3:30 are also a little loud. the snare sounds kind of weak, almost like its a cymbal. good songwriting though, really catchy riffs.

Nice mix!

Guitars sound tight and crispy... would be great to hear this with vocals when it's all done... for DFHS, the cymbals sound crisp as well man.. good job!

bows.

the only thing for me, and even after the new mix its still bothering me...
the harmony lead(0:55 and 3:24) over top of both of our rhythm parts sounds like too much, too much guitar competing for melodic space... so I say lower my rhythm in the mix a little just for that part...

I don't know why I didn't just tell you this on AIM... probably because you'll be excited to see someone else post in your thread. :rolleyes:

also... do think it would sound neat if we did a flange, and i dont mean subtle, effect for when you play the rhythm chords alone that first time? (0:34)

plugged the direct preamp out of my 6505+ into my interface, used SIR convolution plugin with i believe kaomao from these forums' impulses he posted here (which are awesome btw)

used an ibanez ts-808 also

4 tracks mixed 100 and 80 left and right

i think thats it, and some eq