New song for you to mix :D

Okay, spent a coupla hours at it there, mixed it entirely with one hand. It's not what you're thinking though, I had one of my 8-week old twin daughters on my arm the whole time! :headbang:

A few hours redoing the drum programming would make all the difference on this track, definitely worth doing. I woulda done it myself had it not been for my recent family additions taking up 99% of my time these days!

I was gonna replace the piano & string sounds but I ended up making do with
the ones on there.

http://supra.stevemoore.tv/mixing/HandsOfDespair-Mix1-SteveFireland.mp3

Cheers,
Steve \m/

I spent a couple of hours on this last night and today. I did the mix without the second bass part.

Drums were some patches from Digidesign Structure, I would normally use Addictive drums but I'd have to remap this. I split the toms so I could pan them and process individually.

Guitars were with 7170 and impulses then rendered to save cpu. I know I can do better with the guitars but I've had enough for today.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1053122/handsofdespair_AGZmix.mp3

I'll fix the guitars and bass later this week maybe.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks! Yeah the snare can be a tiny bit louder. I like the guitars as they are actually, in think instead of a little sharpening they can be a tiny bit louder. I wasn't going for an in your face sound cause i think it suits the music more :)

Yeah I agree with you, this kind of songs based a lot on the harmony doesn't always need an IYF sound. I still do agree the guitars would diserve a bit more presence a way or another. But it's already a great mix. As I love the song I listen to your mix every hour :)

Sorry for my absence of feedback, been pretty busy last days and forgot about this thread :S. I listened to the mixes and my favorite is ShallowEulogy, although I think they a bit dark too :p.

And in LeSedna I can send you my 2 albums by email if you like this song you will probably like the others too :p.

Max

heres a quick fuckaround from me

only spent a little while on this - deliberately went for a really filthy guitar sound and a ton of reverb on the vocals.....not really sure what you wanted mix wise. just as general stuff, there is some slight tuning problems, as well as timing stuff in general. also i think some different drum fills would fit the song more in certain places......anyway i mean that all constructively really for next time

let us know what you think dude, and thanks for posting the files