New song from my band Corellia (Superior 2.0, Axe FX content)

Sup guys.. my band just uploaded a new song to our myspace page. We worked with our good friend Matt Murphy at his home studio to record this track and there are many more songs to come in the near future. He used Superior 2.0 for all of the cymbals and toms, and Battery to trigger some snare and kick samples that he had. All guitars were tracked using an Axe FX Ultra. I'm an Axe FX owner and user but what you hear are tones dialed in by the dude we worked with. We used the FAS Modern amp model, German 4x12 cab, and T808 drive pedal. That was basically it for the guitars besides some EQ blocks, nothing fancy. All of the sound effects and orchestral stuffs we did on our own.

Would appreciate any critiques/comments/criticisms on the mix for when we start finalizing our next songs. Also, do you guys think the orchestral strings during the chorus are too loud? Thanks.

Link to our page: www.myspace.com/corelliasd

Link to guy we recorded with: www.myspace.com/illuminatestudio

I have a mix session behind me, so my ears might be worn out a bit...
I really dig the song! Great djenting and the drum programming is pretty cool.
I am an Axe-Fx user myself and find that I need to try the FAS Modern after listening to your stuff ;-).
Dunno if it's that myspace-player but the whole mix sounds overly compressed and pumps up and down pretty much. It sounds a bit muffled, too.
The strings in the chorus are not really too loud but they fight a bit with the guitars, so they should be EQ'd around the guitars but not reduced in volume, IMHO. Panning can help too, like it does on the lead guitars (especially the one on the right).
Again, I really dig your playing! Djenty but still very musical. A great combo that I don't hear very often.

I've never really liked the fas modern. It has always been so bassheavy compared to other amps I'm using. I've never liked to use the ts808 drive either, it just adds massive honk imo. The german cab is very dark, I've never liked that one either. I just don't get why so many uses this combination. Probably because I don't own a 7 string.

The song sounds great minus that pumping. The thing that stands out is the riffing though, very impressive.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback and the nice compliments on the music! I'll take it all into account when we go back into the studio. About the pumping, it was actually a fluke on my part.. not the guy we recorded with. It's a long story, but when we re-upload the track with vocals recorded it's not going to be pumping like that. Thanks again.