New Song Section -Pod X3, Recabinet, Superior Drummer

TrueDesire

Jun 22, 2011
Sup guys!

New section of a song i'm writing to see how it sounded and to try mixing in my new headphones i got.

Tell me what you think please :)

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/chris-new-chorus-new-less-comp/s-wbmbn[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Im using JVC HA-M750's to mix with now.

If anyone needs any questions answering feel free to ask.

EDIT:

Added more low pass to this one, Hope its better!

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/chris-new-chorus-new/s-t7VkF[/SOUNDCLOUD]

THIRD TIME LUCKY?!:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/new-chorus-should-be/s-xFoe7[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Sounds overly Bassy for my headphones, but cant run it through the surround sound at the moment because everyones asleep.

It's waaayyyyy over compressed. Just look at the waveform from SoundCloud : You don't even need to hear the mix.
There is no bass and too much high freq. It's really aggresive. And you're pretty near than a mono mix.

shining as f**k!
Use LP filter, adjust your trebble settings.
There is no low end.
its like listening with mp3 player earphones

My ears started hurting right after pressing play. Are you sure that your headphones are not broken?

Listen to a mix that you think is good and compare it to your track.

Thanks for the replys guys, All the help i can get is most appreciated like

lowpass filter would be your best friend. It's sharp as a motherfucker!

Music wise sure, sounds good and all!

haha i thought that when i listened to it through my other headphones but couldnt be bothered to change it.

Im really new at this aswell though so sorta just getting the hang of using everything.

I'll get a new one up in a few mins

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/chris-new-chorus-new/s-t7VkF[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Heres the newer one, i'll put it as an edit in the first post too

My ears started hurting right after pressing play. Are you sure that your headphones are not broken?

Listen to a mix that you think is good and compare it to your track.

The headphones shouldnt be broken, they're just really bassey...

Only got them like, 2 days ago :)

uploaded a new one though with more low pass, should be better like, sounds more like songs through the headphones now

It's waaayyyyy over compressed. Just look at the waveform from SoundCloud : You don't even need to hear the mix.
There is no bass and too much high freq. It's really aggresive. And you're pretty near than a mono mix.

Theres hardly any compression on it at all, like.. next to none (Except for vocals because i read somewere that its easiest to mix if their like, Super compressed)

And what do you mean by "you're pretty near than a mono mix"

Sorry i dunno what it means :(

Mix with headphones is a wrong thing.
Your mix still has sum problems:
1. Overcompressed (dynamic)
2. Very shrill, sharp.
3. No low end. (bass etc)

Mix with headphones is a wrong thing.
Your mix still has sum problems:
1. Overcompressed (dynamic)
2. Very shrill, sharp.
3. No low end. (bass etc)

Aww, I gotta use headphones now till i can afford some decent monitors :(

Compression? Is it just a certain thing (Guitars, Vocals Ect.) or the mix as a whole?

I did remove all the compression from the guitars and most of it from the mix its self. The only thing that shuld be compressed is the vocals, Alot, and the bass.

It's probably the bass in the headphones, but i looked at the EQ and yeah, i accidentally cranked up the high without realising and it could possibly be that the Treble on the actual tone is full too, I'll sort that when i next have a go at it like.

As for bass, The bass guitar is at the same level as the normal guitars, and also i boosted the Low Pass going from nothing to about 1.7k Hz and by about +8 db. I'll look into that too though.

Thanks for the advice like, Anything i can get told will help me! :D

What do you have on your master buss? Even the updated mix is way to bright and lacking low end on top of sounding strangled by whatever is processing the track. Also, are you scooping your mids? It seems like every source is missing them.

What do you have on your master buss? Even the updated mix is way to bright and lacking low end on top of sounding strangled by whatever is processing the track. Also, are you scooping your mids? It seems like every source is missing them.

On my master bus, i got

URS Strip Pro

URS Strip

Some Reaper EQ to boost the Low Pass

Theres an updated version at the top now but meh, i dunno.

Im also using Ola Englund's Feared combo preset on Recabinet well... For a few of the guitar parts i think, and not alot on the Pod Farm.

What do you mean you 'boost the low pass'? Do you mean the low end? You can't boost a low pass

haha yeah basically, sorry...

Like i've said im real noob at this whole thing haha!

Basically i put on an EQ and increased the Low Pass to add more Low End... If that makes any sense...