New Mix Pod, Superior Drummer, Recabinet

TrueDesire

Jun 22, 2011
hey guys,

Just want some criticism on how my mixes are coming along.

I've had to do this with about 3 sets of headphones to see if its all good because everybody's in bed.

also, If i can get it sounding decent, i will add vocals to see what that sounds like, but not anytime soon because of a throat infection :(

Anyway, here it is!

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/new-ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-re-up/s-Ecy7e[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Thanks for listening! :D

EDIT: Sorry, need to Re-upload it,

Hope you can get an idea from the part that i uploaded anyway haha, Forgot to change the section amount in reaper before i rendered it....

Full Version is now here.

Attempt 2:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/new-ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-re-eq/s-24oe8[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Anybody?

Sorry about the solo by the way.... I know its shite haha

Anything about it would be more than helpful! (the production side mostly, Not so much the solo) :)

Thanks.

did you hipass the guitars? Something is hell woofy down there.

add some delay to the solo, that'll sound cool. are you overdriving the signal before u get to podfarm? doesn't sound like a very strong signal, guitars sound a bit lifeless.

did you hipass the guitars? Something is hell woofy down there.

add some delay to the solo, that'll sound cool. are you overdriving the signal before u get to podfarm? doesn't sound like a very strong signal, guitars sound a bit lifeless.

Thanks for the reply fella!

Just checked the EQ and had a listen through the speakers and i yeah, i did Hi-Pass it. forgot i did haha, just loaded up my Reaper template and started recording. Did edit the EQ a bit but didnt check what they were...

i think i've sorted it (hopefully) and i'll upload it a bit later.

I added some delay to the solo too ;)

The Distortion before pod farm thing, no, i havent :L

What i did was put the Tubescreamer (Drive:20% Gain:50% Tone:50%) => Missisippi Criminal Head (Drive: 24%) => Rich Chamber Reverb (Only lightly used)

Then put Recabinet on afterwards, and nothing else on the guitar channels. It's slightly different for each track (4 of them) but they're basically all the same.

2of the tracks however use different mics in recabinet, First time Quad-tracking so wanted to see if i could do it right or not haha :D

Again, Thanks for the Reply!

Here be the Newer one.

Removed the Hi-Pass, Played with the EQ and dynamics a little and fiddled with the tone dials on pod farm.

This is what i got.
[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/epictunageness/new-ideaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-re-eq/s-24oe8[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Hopefully its a tad better

Also its gunna be in first post.

I think u need more gain. The guitars are still too dry. Unless that's what ur going for?

And by high pass filter I mean let the high end through, and cut the low end out of the guitars. Still sounds muddy. Have a read of Ermz's production bible, it's a sticky.

That might be ur bass tone too, I hadn't thought of that.

I think u need more gain. The guitars are still too dry. Unless that's what ur going for?

And by high pass filter I mean let the high end through, and cut the low end out of the guitars. Still sounds muddy. Have a read of Ermz's production bible, it's a sticky.

That might be ur bass tone too, I hadn't thought of that.

haha The guitars are meant to be more like erm... Not too distorted but just enough ;)

I can upload just the bass tone aswell if you like. Its quite a clangy tone, not like really bassy, but the bass is matching the guitar volume on the mixer. I could lower it and see if that helps, i suppose.

Its ment to be a sort of 'As Daylight Dies' album sort of tone, So sort of killswitchy but i dunno haha :D

Are u doing much referencing? If ur hearing As Daylight Days, maybe mixing isn't for u. ;-)

Just boost the gain on the guitars, they double tracked?

Another thing, killswitch don't use 5150's do they?

And the hihats sound like balls in that last mix. They need some work. And the kick is now buried.