New Song Track Demo

Rusty123

Feb 2, 2007
UK
This is a clip from a new song Im working on with the drummer in my band. Its not finished yet but wanted to get some feedback excuse the balance with instruments, only had a rough mix;

All guitars double tracked single bass track and drums, let me know what you think, cheers.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8117809

Honestly ... YOUR the producer. Tell him if you want it to sound GOOD do it YOUR way not his. Besides hes a drummer not a musician ....lol

I have run into this problem a lot. Especially with the kids I am currently working with. But I forced my hand and said listen. You heard my other mixes and liked them right? So how about you listen to the "producer" and trust his judgment. Well they listened and they are ecstatic as to how it sounds MY way as opposed to their way.

BTW for shits and giggles I did it their way first then compared it to the retracked version that we did MY way. They are sooo much happier.

That snare is also WAY too loud in the mix. If he had a good snare sounds it would not have to be so loud in the mix to be heard. This is probably why he keeps crying that he cant hear the snare drum. I would go back and sound replace it with drumagog without his knowledge and not tell him till he says OMG my kit sounds AWESOME !!!!