New SPACE ODYSSEY, what a pleasant surprise!!

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Well I gotta admit I was never a big fan of this group. Highly talented and skilled but the one thing that always bothered me with Richard Anderrson was that all his bands sounded to much the same. On top of that he always had to be on top and his keyboards were the dominant factor in every song where he had to show us how much he could shred on the keys. Really took away from solid songs IMO.

So anyways I decided for the hell of it to check out the newest one, and to my surprise, this one has been kickin my ass! Gone is the flashy keyboard wankery, and in is some solid simple guitar drivin tracks! This one features the singer from Andromeda David Fremberg.

Check out a few samples for yourselves!

http://www.anderssonmusic.com/mp3/space_odyssey_III/2.%20Obsession.mp3

http://www.anderssonmusic.com/mp3/space_odyssey_III/7.%20Tears%20of%20the%20Sun.mp3

http://www.anderssonmusic.com/mp3/space_odyssey_III/9.%20Bloodspill.mp3

DrumRman said:
Well I gotta admit I was never a big fan of this group. Highly talented and skilled but the one thing that always bothered me with Richard Anderrson was that all his bands sounded to much the same. On top of that he always had to be on top and his keyboards were the dominant factor in every song where he had to show us how much he could shred on the keys. Really took away from solid songs IMO.

So anyways I decided for the hell of it to check out the newest one, and to my surprise, this one has been kickin my ass! Gone is the flashy keyboard wankery, and in is some solid simple guitar drivin tracks! This one features the singer from Andromeda David Fremberg.
[/URL]

Thanks, I dig that. I was not interested until you mentioned David Fremberg, as in the past this has not been to my liking.

I also enjoyed the new Time Requiem a lot - the keyboard shredding was downplayed a bit, and more emphasis seemed to be placed on the vocal melodies. The CD is not as heavy as the first two, but is - I think - a bit better. I still like the first two, though, especially the first one.

Ken

You're right. Gone is the neo-classical thing for a more straight-forward traditional heavy metal stuff in the style of the Sabbath-with-Tony-Martin. In fact, I hear a couple riffs from the Martin-Sabbath era and the voice of the singer is not too far from Martin. The guy has got some excellent pipes.

:kickass:

nightwish58 said:
Anybody know where i could find this album? I've tried the main vendors I deal with, but to no avail. Perhaps it has yet to be released?

From the main newspage it states: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Everything’s moving fast and the release date for Japan is set for 2006 November 21. Rest of world around that time. I’m still working on that.[/SIZE][/FONT]"

Not sure how others already have it...?:cry:

KingsGene said:
From the main newspage it states: "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Everything’s moving fast and the release date for Japan is set for 2006 November 21. Rest of world around that time. I’m still working on that.[/SIZE][/FONT]"

Because it leaked on the net last week...

KingsGene said:

links in the original post.....

I will definitely give credit where it's due... Drummr did right by me at PP steering me towards a bunch of kick ass music, having a good time saying 'get this one, and this one, oh gotta have this one too'... (isn't it the girls who are suppose to spend guys' money??? hehehe)

Not one of the above CDs sucked (woo hoo for Lazer's Edge for a credit card machine!!!) so I will definitely be on the look out for this if he says it's good...