SPL DrumXchanger
- Optimizes or replaces drum sounds in a mix
- Replaces samples phase-accurately
- Transient Designer technology for level-independent recognition
- Recognizes all drum hits faithfully, including the faintest ghost notes

Included:
- Two complete Transient Designer processing stages
- High-quality 24 bit/96 kHz SPL sample library

Launch of the BETA version at Musikmesse (March 24)

RTEmagicC_DrumXchanger_front_450_05.gif.gif

Yeah but it's like way more $ than TRIGGER and Drumagog5's proposed prices, isn't it?

Oooooh baby. Weakly played blast beats, anyone?

And why would anyone bother to learn to hit the drums properly when a trigger plugin can fix it all... :puke:

Next thing I expect a plugin that triggers guitar DIs!
"For all those who cannot play decent rhythm guitar to save their asses - our newest Guitar Trigger saves the day! Choose between multiple presets including the precisely modelled transients of right hand punch by Hetfield, Schaffer and many many more!" :lol:

And why would anyone bother to learn to hit the drums properly when a trigger plugin can fix it all... :puke:

Yeah, because we all get perfectly recorded material as is and introducing a plugin that would aid us on the rare occasions when we get shittily played/recorded tracks is going to make drummers far lazier than they already are.

Get real, man - this is an incredibly useful tool. Bash on it all you want, but then you're not allowed to bitch or complain at all when you get tracks that are less than stellar to work with.

Yeah, because we all get perfectly recorded material as is and introducing a plugin that would aid us on the rare occasions when we get shittily played/recorded tracks is going to make drummers far lazier than they already are.

Get real, man - this is an incredibly useful tool. Bash on it all you want, but then you're not allowed to bitch or complain at all when you get tracks that are less than stellar to work with.

Look, read my post again and tell me where exactly I bash the plugin?! o_O

I was ranting more at all the subpar drummers who demand to sound like another drummer god, but cannot tune or hit the skins properly... These plugins really help an engineer and I'm glad there's another useful and helpful tool, don't get me wrong.

Either you don't actually work with bands, or then you have gotten yourself into the admirable position where you can tell a band that comes in to record some songs to "learn how to play, you guys have a ten days booked and I'm not gonna fix shit in the mixing."

Either you don't actually work with bands, or then you have gotten yourself into the admirable position where you can tell a band that comes in to record some songs to "learn how to play, you guys have a ten days booked and I'm not gonna fix shit in the mixing."

Oh Jesus, why do some of you guys here take it all that seriously?! :ill:
Again, that was NOT my point! Of course you won't tell a band and their drummer that! :D
But I think once upon a time drummers needed to try harder because there wasn't an easy way out, and now it seems to me that many more will just think "why bother when there's plenty nice tools to rectify my shortcomings" instead of practicing more like they should...

THAT's my point and nothing less nothing more... Take it easy, people! :headbang:

Oh Jesus, why do some of you guys here take it all that seriously?! :ill:
:headbang:

Because you're from Croatia and nobody likes you! :lol:

relax man ... just a joke :headbang:

back tot he topic (sorta):

Andy if you could find the time to just throw in a couple sentences about Trigger to let us know some of the pros and cons that would be awesome

On Gearslutz, it was stated that Trigger is done and they are testing installers right now. Should be released in the next few weeks.

Really looking forward to the new triggering solutions... SPL, Trigger and Drumagog 5.

But with the SPL... wouldn't that be just like adding their TD plugin or any other of the clones out there before Drumagog and you would end up with the same thing... basically.. no?