New studio gear!

vespiz

Mixing!
Feb 15, 2007
Tampere, Finland
metalmixing.com
Whee!!

We got a new Toft ATB24 and a Lynx Aurora 8 (with ADAT) yesterday! :Smokin:

Played around the Aurora for a few hours and, yes, it did improve the soundstage, but not as much as some would like you to think (re: Gearslutz.. :p)
I had it connected to a Digi002 with just the ADAT-cable and listening through the 002 mon out and headphones (essentially just using the clock from the Lynx). Our studio isn't finished yet, so I had to listen in our makeshift control-room..

Toft is still in its box, waiting...

Yeah. I'm very curious about the Toft. If I could afford a mixer, probably that would be my choice.

Unpacked the Toft yesterday and it sure looks nice :)
Feels really solid. The buttons click nicely and the faders and pots have a great feel to them. It's a bit crowded for my fingers, but nothing too bad.
Can't complain for the price!

I'm going to mix our album through this, it should be out this spring. If I can, I'll try and post something. (tho' I don't know what good it'll do, because every mix/mixer/artist/method/etc is different..)

I was going to hook it up today, but forgot that a friend of mine is doing some recording there today.. :erk:

I was looking at the Toft as well but went with the new A&H Zed R16 in the end. Arrived last night....on first impressions it's very good and I think I'll be glad to be back on a console again after more than a few years away from one.