New Studio Pics.

Defeinitly a COPY of windows, but not pirated. I own an IT company and do installs all the time. Its also a custom build of windows not exactly the full XP install, i pulled out all the Bullshit and re built it ....

The OLP is fuckin badass man, I made all the necessary upgrades to make it as much like the EBMM as possible. New Tuners, New Frets, te Same Dimarzios and Wiring Petrucci uses, abd i stil saved $500 by upgrading the OLP, A friend of mine owns the EBMM and said he likes my OLP better, its got a darker tone than the actual OLP and its got more balls where it counts according to him.

As for the studio mnitors, those are gonna be my christmas present this year, I think im going to go with a set of yamahas but im not positive yet. Ill hit up te andy forum i remember a thread being there on good budget monitors and i think the yamahas here higly rated.

After the monitors we are moving into a larger place in january a rent to own home, so once im in there its time to build some tracking and iso rooms along with a control room. From there its time to start really buckeling own with the recording.

I figure by Jan of 2008 ill open up to local bands and whatnot.

KeithRT99 said:
why not a different song than the river dragon has come for the next one? everyone covers it, how about something like psalm of lydia or something.

Reason is cause its an easier song that we can get some of the less advanced player in the forum on.

I tried I Vovager but the main riff would up being a big debate, So something simple will suffice for now.

Besides the odd time riffs in Psalm of lydia are a bitch to play/

As for God Money its an idea but something i would rather do later on, besides its one of the Cheesier nevermore songs in my opinion, a classic thrasher for sure, But i think its some more for us "OLD GUYS" Brooks .... lol

guitarguru777 said:
Reason is cause its an easier song that we can get some of the less advanced player in the forum on.

I tried I Vovager but the main riff would up being a big debate, So something simple will suffice for now.

Besides the odd time riffs in Psalm of lydia are a bitch to play/

As for God Money its an idea but something i would rather do later on, besides its one of the Cheesier nevermore songs in my opinion, a classic thrasher for sure, But i think its some more for us "OLD GUYS" Brooks .... lol

Although I've found the main riff to be a bastard to get to sound right on the river dragon has come.

Heh, I know. I like spouting off Godmoney propaganda, cause its basically the one Nevermore song--well, that and Timothy Leary--whose existance Nevermore seems to have forgotten. :D

Its not even that great a song, but I like it ;)

I think Optimist or Pessimist would make a great cover. Or maybe Enemies of Reality.

EOR would be pretty great. You could have atleast 6 people on solo duty alone! 2 for the first solo (main and harmony) and then another 2 for the main solo, and then another 2 for the final ones. How the rhythm is actually played for that one is also up for debate though.

Final Product?

Brooks said:
I'd be down for EoR, I learned that song years ago..... but whoever does the intro solo must to the harmony solo as well.... it would frustrate me to my death to have to harmonize someone else....

dude have you heard that recent Jaxx bootleg where chris broderick harmonizes with jeff on the intro solo? I crapped my pants. They were spot on!