New stuff from my place, Pictures of Sarah [prog-esque metal / hardcore]

tempe

Captain Midnight
Sep 22, 2005
Perth, Australia
Got this back from mastering today, and I'm reasonably happy but never content as always. I tried a bunch of different things to my other stuff with this, kick is mostly my own samples with 1 slate kick, toms are mine. Different guitars / bass to usual and approached the mix by mixing into around 6dB of reduction on the bus comp... I think it came out... different.

http://soundcloud.com/temple-studios/pictures-of-sarah-father-time

I agree on the guitars, they're buried because they sounded a bit dodgy in spots, unfortunately this is mastered and gone, which is probably a good thing!

The really annoying horrible high screams were done by a guest vocalist, dunno why they wanted that!!

The mix has a really cool vibe but those vocals do not fit with it at all man. They seem to be way too loud as well.

I suggest the band looks for a clean vocalist to guest.

The mix has a really cool vibe but those vocals do not fit with it at all man. They seem to be way too loud as well.

I suggest the band looks for a clean vocalist to guest.

The vocalist also sings just not on this track, the guitarist does some as well.
On a second listen to the whole thing, I was definitely in a VOCALS LOUD AND UPFRONT kind of mood. Oh well!