I recorded a song with my sister. Chick rock

Sounds great. What were your sansamp settings?

Oh yeah, gimme those drums samplze? hehe

I tried on a 10 second clip if some pseudo-mastering can do something to it so that it would be something more that I would enjoy listening... Well, it can, but I made the high end maybe a bit too muffled. The kick attack still sounds a bit too "heavy", I would drop it with a highshelf at 2khz like 6dB or so in the mix, and possibly even lowpass it at 6khz or so. First is "result" followed by the "original". It's a bit darker sounding, but still keeps the vocals in front.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1338211/shain.mp3

a lot of radio potential but...(latest mix)..

-guitars are too gainy and high for her voice sound too plasticy
-mix is too muddy and bright (hard to explain) but there is no focus on her voice just feels like the vocals are just thrown in there making the song not flow like it could

but other than that I hope you redo this song... alot of potential!!!

Really good song, agree with joey and speed it up abit. Mix is pretty good, but yea probably make the drums less metal:)

+1

And use less auto-tune, but I doubt that'd happen :loco:

128660498159844805.jpg

Wtf my image didn't load.

its supposed to say

OH NO NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

Really diggin' this man. I'm really not too picky about the mix either...considering you had a limited time and it was a gift for your sis! She has a great voice...very Paramore-esque.

Joe

I dig sonwriting of the song, really simple but work well. Sometimes it's cool to don't overlook about production. Lot of potential imvho

I guess I'm the only one hearing that, but when I listen to this with my headphones, everytime at the beginning of the refrain (during the long "shine"), the vocals sound really weird...too bright, it almost hurts. :/

It's fine during the rest of the song though.