Paramore+the Devil Wears Prada= my latest work

brianhood

No Care Ever
i've been up for over 33 hours straight, so forgive me if there is some obvious thing that's wrong with the mix.
It sounds good to me right now haha
This is the band where the drummer did 5 out of 6 songs in 1 take(best day of my life), and the songs only took about an hour each to fully quantize and edit.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Social Jetlag/mix 1/song 2.mp3

feel free to post your thoughts or questions.

Guitars are a little patch i made up with the Line 6 Big Bottom.

gearbox patch
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Random/Gearbox brian hood Big Bottom.l6t

pod farm patch
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Random/Brian Big Bottom.l6t

post processing is the usual(c4, low pass, shuffle)

vox are at3035 for everything. Bass is a combination of DI and preamp out of some kind of ampeg head he had(BR somethinganother). Drums are the usual...real with slate samples.

I'm listening on phones (ath m50) I'm digging the tune, nice low end, I like the bass tone, guitars as well, drums sound great! Only thing I didn't like was the exagerated male autotuned vocals ("We've come this far" part) you can clearly listen to autotune morphin the vox harshly to the right key... maybe I would make that less exagerated, otherwise killer mix man :) grats

wow very impressive. very very pro sounding. i have nothing negative to say at all...her voice is a little piercing but still solid as hell.and the autotune on the guy sticks out like a sore thumb destroying the feeling of the song (most likely only for me though) .....but otherwise SICK SICK MIX!

haha yeah the autotune parts were at their bass player's request. I've never done "tpain" vox so i didnt mind trying it out :lol:
I use melodyne for all the other vocal pitch correction though

Why not use melodyne for the autotune parts as well? I find Melodyne does a better job at everything tuning related including that T-Pain effect... What did you end up using?

awsome brian on the double bass parts were hes ridding them kinda sound like they jump out of the mix a tad maybe a comp. issue but overall sounds more more like joeys mixes and i no thats a compliment dude

hopefully AAS! can work with u soon ..

Andrew

In the middle with the male chorus background part, I would lower the level a few decibals. Not a big fan of the super auto-tune stuff, might be preferance; maybe you could make it less robotic sounding without causing problems with the band?

Maybe the female vocals could be a little more 'up front'. The recording of the male vocals sounds good. I actually like the screaming parts better than the melody in this song (I think I like the AT3035 better on Male vocals than female. I would go for something like even a Rode NT1a with that female vocalist)

Besides that it sounds very good. What outboard did you use if any, preamps, comps etc?

Mix sounds good. My only complaint is the female vox sound a little too perfect...like theres no life in them. Maybe thats just me.

Good job!

yeah the sound is great. only thing i would change is the autotune effect on the male "we've come this far". i personally think its out of place in this production.

I would add more room ambience on the kick on the beginning of the song becouse it sounds way to awkward when it's so dry there, other than that it sounds cool. Hate the autotune on the wox though, i hope this trend dies fast.

This is fucking awesome
I really like the guitar sound on this Brian, sounds much better than your other Line 6 tones, MUCH better.

I really think that I need to purchase an at3035, the weight and clarity of the femal vocal is perfect, its sooo smooth. What pre was it run through brian?

Joe