Got Jesus?

brianhood

No Care Ever
This is the tentative first mix that i will be sending out the band tomorrow. I want to get your opinions before sending it to them.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Gideon/V 1/Deadbolt.mp3

Please only leave comments about my mix. I'm not interested to know if you like the band or not.

Drums are real, guitars are pod xt, bass is direct with ampeg SVX plugin. Let me know if anyone wants more in depth details about the mix.

-brian

updated version:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/536384/Gideon/V 2/Deadbolt.mp3

a BIT more bass and i think you got it. your other mixes are more crushing, sick drum sound btw. but yeah man its fucking sick

sounds really good
but id bring down the vocals a little and bring up the snare a little little bit.

and more info on the mix would be awesome!!

p.s: if you make samples with that kick i will be your whore...seriously...:worship:

sounds really good
but id bring down the vocals a little and bring up the snare a little little bit.

and more info on the mix would be awesome!!

p.s: if you make samples with that kick i will be your whore...seriously...:worship:

haha as much as i would like you to be my whore, i used slate samples, so i cant really send them to you. You can purchase them from his website though! I'm sure he would love you to be his manwhore haha:saint:

The kick is kick 10 z1 sample at -10% pitch in drumagog. here is the eq settings i used on it. If you can't see the settings very well, save the pic to your computer and zoom in alot. Photobucket likes to shrink down the size of my pics :rolleyes:

kickeq.jpg

Vox are AT3035 through waves c1 compressor set at -40 thresh, 20:1 ratio, .1 attack, 50 release and like 20 or 30db of makeup gain.

All reverb was done with D-verb.

Overheads were a pair of Rode NT5's through digi 003+ rack pre. No hi hat mic(never found the need for one). OH compression is -23 thres, 2.3:1 ratio, .1 attack and 30 release.

here is my gtr chain

gtrchain.jpg

the noise gate is there just because these were the pre edited/reamped tracks, and i didnt feel like going back through and cleaning up all the crap between the breakdowns and other guitar pauses.

Let me know if there are any other specific details about the recording you want to know.

Sounds pretty good. I like the drum sounds but a lot of the fills sound really fake. I agree that the guitars have some mids to them that sound a little weird, but overall the guitar tone is pretty good. Nice job, and the song is pretty cool too.

Damm sounds good dude, diamond plate amp on the pod ? sounds preety convencing
What snare is that ?
Bass could use a little bit more grit but thats a personal preference, i think is spot on as it is

Damm sounds good dude, diamond plate amp on the pod ? sounds preety convencing
What snare is that ?
Bass could use a little bit more grit but thats a personal preference, i think is spot on as it is

yup thats the diamondplate

i completely forgot which snare i used. I renamed all of them in drumagog to make it easier for me to determine which to use for certain types of music. I'll have to go in and look at what number it is. i do remember that i raised the pitch of it by 8% in drumagog though